Thread: CNN and Kim Jong Unís Sister, sitting in a tree

Last Online
    Today @ 1:33 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

CNN and Kim Jong Unís Sister, sitting in a tree

CNN is getting some heat for this puffery:

Kim Jong Un's sister is stealing the show at the Winter Olympics
    If "diplomatic dance" were an event at the Winter Olympics, Kim Jong Un's younger sister would be favored to win gold.

With a smile, a handshake and a warm message in South Korea's presidential guest book, Kim Yo Jong has struck a chord with the public just one day into the PyeongChang Games....
    And deservedly so.

I just don't understand the compulsion leftists have that makes them lionize brutal dictators and regimes like this, or like Castro, and viciously savage people of good character like Ivanka or Melania Trump.

I'll probably never understand it, but as long as it's as predictable as the color of orange juice it's surely a sign, a huge, flashing neon sign, that they view journalism as a cause and not a profession.

2. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:56 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    CNN is getting some heat for this puffery:

Kim Jong Un's sister is stealing the show at the Winter Olympics
    And deservedly so.

I just don't understand the compulsion leftists have that makes them lionize brutal dictators and regimes like this, or like Castro, and viciously savage people of good character like Ivanka or Melania Trump.

I'll probably never understand it, but as long as it's as predictable as the color of orange juice it's surely a sign, a huge, flashing neon sign, that they view journalism as a cause and not a profession.
    This you call lionizing brutal dictators?

But as North Korea's brutal dictator, Kim's brother has ruled with an iron fist since coming to power, operating Nazi-style prison camps, repressing political opposition and even executing senior officers and his own family members in an effort to consolidate power.

And these children that you spit on
    As they try to change their worlds
    Are immune to your consultations
    They're quite aware of what they're going through
    -David Bowie, Changes

Last Online
    Today @ 12:16 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone with a ounce of objectivity could see that it's not celebrating the North Korean dick-tator or his family. They're merely highlighting the latest ploy by Fat Baby to drive a wedge between the US and SK.

But, there aren't many on here these days with an ounce of objectivity left.
    Tho a lichen some ways, algae and fungi differ.

Last Online
    Today @ 1:33 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Anyone with a ounce of objectivity could see that it's not celebrating the North Korean dick-tator or his family. They're merely highlighting the latest ploy by Fat Baby to drive a wedge between the US and SK.

But, there aren't many on here these days with an ounce of objectivity left.
    The Sister is an ancillary character in the dictatorship. So is Melania.

To me the coverage of the two run headlong against each other. Melania is mocked for her accented English, dissed for wearing high heels, and serenaded with titters at the re-circulation of nude pictures from earlier in her modeling career.

Un's sister has a reputation in North Korea quite opposite the retiring charmer she's painted as here, as is often the case with privileged relatives of a despot. Presumably she has come to terms with her brother's murder of the uncle and her other brother.

Sorry, Tom but I have to disagree. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see that the coverage is biased according to the political leanings of the reporters.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post

No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

7. Likes Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 1:56 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

And these children that you spit on
    As they try to change their worlds
    Are immune to your consultations
    They're quite aware of what they're going through
    -David Bowie, Changes

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "Charm Offensive" has been going on for the last couple of months and a lot of the media is promoting...just like Kim Jong Un counted on. The media fawning over the sister, who is NK's the propaganda minister for her murderous dictator brother, is not surprising...more like business as usual.
    ďThe measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.Ē
    - Corrie ten Boom