Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isla Mujeres

Last Online
    Friday, September 14th, 2018 @ 2:41 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Isla Mujeres

Leaving at 00dark100. Still spending 8 nights and Sail Fishing but the duck hunting portion of the itinerary has been cancelled. It's now too dangerous to drive out of Cancun to get to the area we would have hunted.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway

Last Online
    Today @ 9:13 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Leaving at 00dark100. Still spending 8 nights and Sail Fishing but the duck hunting portion of the itinerary has been cancelled. It's now too dangerous to drive out of Cancun to get to the area we would have hunted.
    I clicked because "Island of Women" seemed incredibly exotic and interesting.

Apparently, not so much.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why, what's going on there?

And why sailfish? They don't appear to have enough meat on them to make it worthwhile.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 9:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Why, what's going on there?
    There has been a general uptick in the area of druglord activity as well as general thuggery against tourists. That area has never been super safe outside of the immediate tourist zones anyway, but they've had a bit of a decline in safety lately.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Friday, July 20th, 2018 @ 11:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    And why sailfish? They don't appear to have enough meat on them to make it worthwhile.
    You don't eat sailfish. They are a catch and release fish.

You catch them for the experience of the fight they give. And then you get to fly this nifty flag on your boat when you get back to shore letting everyone know you caught one:

The only time you would bring one back in is if it's a potential state/world record.
    You can't unburn bridges.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You don't eat sailfish. They are a catch and release fish.

You catch them for the experience of the fight they give. And then you get to fly this nifty flag on your boat when you get back to shore letting everyone know you caught one:

The only time you would bring one back in is if it's a potential state/world record.
    We brought 16 to the boat. Released all and only brought Joyce’s first into the boat for a quick picture and released it as well. Good fighting fish. We are beat. Going out again in two days.

A7F94831-4C31-4B7B-984D-63B78BFE3300.jpg

94F56444-FB7D-43DF-AA85-F09947E7C545.jpg
    — Ernest Hemingway

8. Thanks scott thanked for this post
    Last Online
    Friday, July 20th, 2018 @ 11:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    We brought 16 to the boat. Released all and only brought Joyce’s first into the boat for a quick picture and released it as well. Good fighting fish. We are beat. Going out again in two days.
    Sweet.

I've caught them. In your case, after about 10 I would have said, no mas! Any marlin? Haven't hooked one in all my days. A friend got a small blue. Saw some jumpers but nothing more.

Any game fish while you were out? Tuna and mahi-mahi, of course, but I like wahoo too.
    You can't unburn bridges.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Sweet.

I've caught them. In your case, after about 10 I would have said, no mas! Any marlin? Haven't hooked one in all my days. A friend got a small blue. Saw some jumpers but nothing more.

Any game fish while you were out? Tuna and mahi-mahi, of course, but I like wahoo too.
    The fishing specifically targeted Sailfish of of bait balls as shown in the opening post video. We did have one Wahoo that took the bait and bit through the line.
    — Ernest Hemingway

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heading out tomorrow with a different Captain and different boat. Sailfish still the main focus. I know I've bragged on Joyce's strength and willingness to embrace the suck before but I couldn't believe how she brought those sails to the boat. I needed at least 15 minutes to recover after each.
    — Ernest Hemingway

12. Likes scott, 80zephyr liked this post