Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42

Thread: Isla Mujeres

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, September 14th, 2018 @ 2:41 PM
    Posts
    10,629
    Post Thanks / Like

    Isla Mujeres

    Leaving at 00dark100. Still spending 8 nights and Sail Fishing but the duck hunting portion of the itinerary has been cancelled. It's now too dangerous to drive out of Cancun to get to the area we would have hunted.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 9:13 AM
    Posts
    14,991
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Leaving at 00dark100. Still spending 8 nights and Sail Fishing but the duck hunting portion of the itinerary has been cancelled. It's now too dangerous to drive out of Cancun to get to the area we would have hunted.
    I clicked because "Island of Women" seemed incredibly exotic and interesting.

    Apparently, not so much.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, September 14th, 2018 @ 2:41 PM
    Posts
    10,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Saturday, October 5th, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In the mainstream of American life.
    Posts
    12,438
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Leaving at 00dark100. Still spending 8 nights and Sail Fishing but the duck hunting portion of the itinerary has been cancelled. It's now too dangerous to drive out of Cancun to get to the area we would have hunted.
    Why, what's going on there?

    And why sailfish? They don't appear to have enough meat on them to make it worthwhile.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

    The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 9:07 AM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,433
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Why, what's going on there?
    There has been a general uptick in the area of druglord activity as well as general thuggery against tourists. That area has never been super safe outside of the immediate tourist zones anyway, but they've had a bit of a decline in safety lately.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, July 20th, 2018 @ 11:07 AM
    Posts
    2,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    And why sailfish? They don't appear to have enough meat on them to make it worthwhile.
    You don't eat sailfish. They are a catch and release fish.

    You catch them for the experience of the fight they give. And then you get to fly this nifty flag on your boat when you get back to shore letting everyone know you caught one:



    The only time you would bring one back in is if it's a potential state/world record.
    You can't unburn bridges.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, September 14th, 2018 @ 2:41 PM
    Posts
    10,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    You don't eat sailfish. They are a catch and release fish.

    You catch them for the experience of the fight they give. And then you get to fly this nifty flag on your boat when you get back to shore letting everyone know you caught one:



    The only time you would bring one back in is if it's a potential state/world record.
    We brought 16 to the boat. Released all and only brought Joyce’s first into the boat for a quick picture and released it as well. Good fighting fish. We are beat. Going out again in two days.

    A7F94831-4C31-4B7B-984D-63B78BFE3300.jpg

    94F56444-FB7D-43DF-AA85-F09947E7C545.jpg
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway

  8. Thanks scott thanked for this post
  9. #8
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, July 20th, 2018 @ 11:07 AM
    Posts
    2,103
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    We brought 16 to the boat. Released all and only brought Joyce’s first into the boat for a quick picture and released it as well. Good fighting fish. We are beat. Going out again in two days.
    Sweet.

    I've caught them. In your case, after about 10 I would have said, no mas! Any marlin? Haven't hooked one in all my days. A friend got a small blue. Saw some jumpers but nothing more.

    Any game fish while you were out? Tuna and mahi-mahi, of course, but I like wahoo too.
    You can't unburn bridges.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, September 14th, 2018 @ 2:41 PM
    Posts
    10,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Sweet.

    I've caught them. In your case, after about 10 I would have said, no mas! Any marlin? Haven't hooked one in all my days. A friend got a small blue. Saw some jumpers but nothing more.

    Any game fish while you were out? Tuna and mahi-mahi, of course, but I like wahoo too.
    The fishing specifically targeted Sailfish of of bait balls as shown in the opening post video. We did have one Wahoo that took the bait and bit through the line.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Friday, September 14th, 2018 @ 2:41 PM
    Posts
    10,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Heading out tomorrow with a different Captain and different boat. Sailfish still the main focus. I know I've bragged on Joyce's strength and willingness to embrace the suck before but I couldn't believe how she brought those sails to the boat. I needed at least 15 minutes to recover after each.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway

  12. Likes scott, 80zephyr liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •