Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trump agrees to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on denuclearization.

Last Online
    Tuesday, October 2nd, 2018 @ 9:49 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Trump agrees to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on denuclearization.

Trump agrees to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on denuclearization

President Donald Trump has agreed to a high-stakes meeting with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un by this May on his nuclear weapons program, South Korea's national adviser announced at the White House Thursday evening. He had briefed the president on a message from Kim earlier in the day.

The White House said afterward that Trump "will accept the invitation" and the president tweeted "Great progress being made..."

The South Korean envoy said that in his recent talks with Kim, the North Korean leader had expressed an eagerness to meet with Trump as soon as possible.

Chung Eui-Yong said that Kim told him he was committed to denuclearization, would refrain from any further nuclear or missile tests, and had agreed that U.S.-South Korean joint military exercises the North objects to must continue.

"I explained to President Trump that his leadership and his maximum pressure policy, together with international solidarity, brought us to this juncture. I expressed President Moon Jae-in’s personal gratitude for President Trump’s leadership," he said, referring to South Korea's president. <snipped>
    There's a new top three of all time:

Washington
    Lincoln
    Trump

Not necessarily in that order.

MAGA.
    You can't unburn bridges.

2. Likes Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Trump agrees to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un on denuclearization

There's a new top three of all time:

Washington
    Lincoln
    Trump

Not necessarily in that order.

MAGA.

He's a regular Dennis Rodman!
    "But this is the year in which I get to smile at all of those naysayers—every single mediocre insecure wannabe who fixes their mouth to suggest that I do not belong on this stage, that people like me cannot possibly have earned such an honor, that when they win it it’s meritocracy but when we win it it’s “identity politics” — I get to smile at those people, and lift a massive, shining, rocket-shaped middle finger in their direction."

~ N. K. Jemisin

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    He's a regular Dennis Rodman!
    There, there.

Don't worry Willy, Polk is still fourth.

And it's troublesome that you didn't post this story first. I know how you like to stay up on current events.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    There, there.

Don't worry Willy, Polk is still fourth.

And it's troublesome that you didn't post this story first. I know how you like to stay up on current events.
    I figured I would give you a chance to post about Stormy Daniels first. I know how you conservatives are all 10 Commandments and stuff.
    "But this is the year in which I get to smile at all of those naysayers—every single mediocre insecure wannabe who fixes their mouth to suggest that I do not belong on this stage, that people like me cannot possibly have earned such an honor, that when they win it it’s meritocracy but when we win it it’s “identity politics” — I get to smile at those people, and lift a massive, shining, rocket-shaped middle finger in their direction."

~ N. K. Jemisin

Last Online
    Today @ 8:14 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not keen on this at first blush.

They say that leaders don't meet until some agreement is in hand. (Reykjavík being the exception that illustrates the rule, of course.) I hope that's the case here, because certainly getting such a meeting itself is a huge "win" for Kim Jong-un, who gets to elevate himself as a peer to the world's superpower.

7. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I figured I would give you a chance to post about Stormy Daniels first.
    Thanks to Clinton no one cares about that shit anymore. Keep up.

No nukes in North Korea. The Left should be peeing themselves over this.

MAGA.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

MAGA.
    No. Liberals don't. They never gave a shit. Fuck who you want. It's Conservatives who whinge on about it all the time.

Perhaps you've had a change of heart and you guys will shut up about the Decalogue and all your American Taliban crap. I look forward to Pence being in the same room with a female without Mother around.

~ N. K. Jemisin

Last Online
    Today @ 7:49 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. Liberals don't. They never gave a shit. Fuck who you want. It's Conservatives who whinge on about it all the time.

Perhaps you've had a change of heart and you guys will shut up about the Decalogue and all your American Taliban crap. I look forward to Pence being in the same room with a female without Mother around.
    WOW! You are BUTTHURT!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like

MAGA.
    Anderson Cooper interviews Stormy Daniels for '60 Minutes'
    http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/08/medi...per/index.html
    Anderson Cooper has taped an interview with Stephanie Clifford, the adult film actress known as Stormy Daniels who alleged a sexual relationship with Donald Trump and is now suing the president.

The interview will air on the CBS newsmagazine "60 Minutes," where Cooper is a regular contributor.

But the exact air date is unknown. A source involved in the taping said it will air "on a future episode." A "60 Minutes" spokesman declined to comment.

Journalist poses!

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I'm not keen on this at first blush.

They say that leaders don't meet until some agreement is in hand. (Reykjavík being the exception that illustrates the rule, of course.) I hope that's the case here, because certainly getting such a meeting itself is a huge "win" for Kim Jong-un, who gets to elevate himself as a peer to the world's superpower.
    I'm reconsidering. This does NOT seem to be yet another episode of Wash, Rinse, Repeat.