Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oakland cafe won't serve cops

Last Online
    Today @ 8:07 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Oakland cafe won't serve cops

http://www.ktvu.com/news/oakland-cafe-wont-serve-cops

OAKLAND, Calif. (KTVU) - Cops and coffee shops usually go hand in hand, but for at least one cafe, a uniformed cop is considered persona non java.

It all started when an Oakland police sergeant stopped by Hasta Muerte Coffee in the Fruitvale District to introduce himself and to buy a cup. But the sergeant was denied service..
    Anyone but Feinstein or Gavin

Last Online
    Today @ 2:45 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/oakland-cafe-wont-serve-cops

OAKLAND, Calif. (KTVU) - Cops and coffee shops usually go hand in hand, but for at least one cafe, a uniformed cop is considered persona non java.

It all started when an Oakland police sergeant stopped by Hasta Muerte Coffee in the Fruitvale District to introduce himself and to buy a cup. But the sergeant was denied service..

Cops are f**** when Hasta Muerte Donuts refuses service.
    Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy
    and lost
    But the Republicans are racist.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:27 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    from the article:
    The cafe opened several months ago at the corner of East 27th Street and Fruitvale Avenue. It isn't your typical coffee shop. Its name is Spanish for "until death."

It's a worker-owned collective with a decidedly anti-establishment bent. A mural and utility box outside the cafe decrie [sic] fatal police shootings and law enforcement militarization.
    Charming place. Perfect site for a community outreach center for Mayor Libby Schaaf.

My libertarian side says, So what? It's their business, literally. And maybe that's the end of it. If it were not for the mayor's recently lunacy I'd say this merely presents a challenge in extending police protection to hateful idiots, but this rathole surely isn't the first place where the entry of uniformed police wouldn't trigger sullen, challenging glares from the regulars.

If I were a sop I sure as hell wouldn't drink anything they served me.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:51 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a worker-owned collective....
    It'll be out of business in a few months anyway.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:27 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Or sooner if health inspectors drop by.

A "workers' collective" is the last place I want to get something to eat.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:51 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Or sooner if health inspectors drop by.

A "workers' collective" is the last place I want to get something to eat.
    If you make it to San Diego, be sure to try the leftovers.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:23 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my thought. All these radical collectives crash and burn pretty quickly.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    from the article:
    Charming place. Perfect site for a community outreach center for Mayor Libby Schaaf.

My libertarian side says, So what? It's their business, literally. And maybe that's the end of it. If it were not for the mayor's recently lunacy I'd say this merely presents a challenge in extending police protection to hateful idiots, but this rathole surely isn't the first place where the entry of uniformed police wouldn't trigger sullen, challenging glares from the regulars.

If I were a sop I sure as hell wouldn't drink anything they served me.
    Quick, somebody tell that cop he'd be VERY welcome at the Taco Bell located at 2255 W. Grand Avenue in Oakland! There are a couple of filthy bums who like to sneak around to the squawk box where people lower their car windows to order. These guys pop out from behind the menu board and try to intimidate customers into giving them money. The order taker told me the cops won't do anything about it. I bet just seeing a cop in there, drinking coffee would deter some of that mess.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

9. Likes Lanie liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:23 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Quick, somebody tell that cop he'd be VERY welcome at the Taco Bell located at 2255 W. Grand Avenue in Oakland! There are a couple of filthy bums who like to sneak around to the squawk box where people lower their car windows to order. These guys pop out from behind the menu board and try to intimidate customers into giving them money. The order taker told me the cops won't do anything about it. I bet just seeing a cop in there, drinking coffee would deter some of that mess.
    When I was in college, I had a female friend who worked the 11-7 shift at a local fast food-type place in a neighborhood that was a tad sketchy. The franchise owner gave uniformed police a 50% discount on food after 10:00 p.m. and free coffee.

She loved it.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 3:45 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup. 'sides, they're the cops. With the guns.