Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Oakland cafe won't serve cops

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:07 PM
    Posts
    3,921
    Post Thanks / Like

    Oakland cafe won't serve cops

    http://www.ktvu.com/news/oakland-cafe-wont-serve-cops

    OAKLAND, Calif. (KTVU) - Cops and coffee shops usually go hand in hand, but for at least one cafe, a uniformed cop is considered persona non java.

    It all started when an Oakland police sergeant stopped by Hasta Muerte Coffee in the Fruitvale District to introduce himself and to buy a cup. But the sergeant was denied service..
    Anyone but Feinstein or Gavin

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Friday, October 4th, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:45 PM
    Posts
    2,309
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    http://www.ktvu.com/news/oakland-cafe-wont-serve-cops

    OAKLAND, Calif. (KTVU) - Cops and coffee shops usually go hand in hand, but for at least one cafe, a uniformed cop is considered persona non java.

    It all started when an Oakland police sergeant stopped by Hasta Muerte Coffee in the Fruitvale District to introduce himself and to buy a cup. But the sergeant was denied service..

    Cops are f**** when Hasta Muerte Donuts refuses service.
    Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy
    and lost
    But the Republicans are racist.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:27 PM
    Posts
    6,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    from the article:
    The cafe opened several months ago at the corner of East 27th Street and Fruitvale Avenue. It isn't your typical coffee shop. Its name is Spanish for "until death."

    It's a worker-owned collective with a decidedly anti-establishment bent. A mural and utility box outside the cafe decrie [sic] fatal police shootings and law enforcement militarization.
    Charming place. Perfect site for a community outreach center for Mayor Libby Schaaf.

    My libertarian side says, So what? It's their business, literally. And maybe that's the end of it. If it were not for the mayor's recently lunacy I'd say this merely presents a challenge in extending police protection to hateful idiots, but this rathole surely isn't the first place where the entry of uniformed police wouldn't trigger sullen, challenging glares from the regulars.

    If I were a sop I sure as hell wouldn't drink anything they served me.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 7:51 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a worker-owned collective....
    It'll be out of business in a few months anyway.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:27 PM
    Posts
    6,808
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    It'll be out of business in a few months anyway.
    Or sooner if health inspectors drop by.

    A "workers' collective" is the last place I want to get something to eat.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 7:51 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    12,804
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Or sooner if health inspectors drop by.

    A "workers' collective" is the last place I want to get something to eat.
    If you make it to San Diego, be sure to try the leftovers.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:23 PM
    Posts
    15,834
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    It'll be out of business in a few months anyway.
    This is my thought. All these radical collectives crash and burn pretty quickly.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Saturday, October 5th, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In the mainstream of American life.
    Posts
    13,080
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    from the article:
    Charming place. Perfect site for a community outreach center for Mayor Libby Schaaf.

    My libertarian side says, So what? It's their business, literally. And maybe that's the end of it. If it were not for the mayor's recently lunacy I'd say this merely presents a challenge in extending police protection to hateful idiots, but this rathole surely isn't the first place where the entry of uniformed police wouldn't trigger sullen, challenging glares from the regulars.

    If I were a sop I sure as hell wouldn't drink anything they served me.
    Quick, somebody tell that cop he'd be VERY welcome at the Taco Bell located at 2255 W. Grand Avenue in Oakland! There are a couple of filthy bums who like to sneak around to the squawk box where people lower their car windows to order. These guys pop out from behind the menu board and try to intimidate customers into giving them money. The order taker told me the cops won't do anything about it. I bet just seeing a cop in there, drinking coffee would deter some of that mess.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

    The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

  9. Likes Lanie liked this post
  10. #9
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:23 PM
    Posts
    15,834
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Quick, somebody tell that cop he'd be VERY welcome at the Taco Bell located at 2255 W. Grand Avenue in Oakland! There are a couple of filthy bums who like to sneak around to the squawk box where people lower their car windows to order. These guys pop out from behind the menu board and try to intimidate customers into giving them money. The order taker told me the cops won't do anything about it. I bet just seeing a cop in there, drinking coffee would deter some of that mess.
    When I was in college, I had a female friend who worked the 11-7 shift at a local fast food-type place in a neighborhood that was a tad sketchy. The franchise owner gave uniformed police a 50% discount on food after 10:00 p.m. and free coffee.

    She loved it.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 3:45 PM
    Posts
    9,071
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    It'll be out of business in a few months anyway.
    Yup. 'sides, they're the cops. With the guns.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •