Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tillerson out

Last Online
    Today @ 10:55 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Hmmmm....

I'm the President, and we have an important, potentially historic summit meeting coming with a very reclusive, secretive regime. Should I:

1. keep the Secretary of State with whom I've had a long-documented rocky relationship, who knows pretty much nothing about North Korea, who never worked in government prior to coming to the administration, and who has a habit of directly contradicting me in public, or;
    2. go ahead with replacing the Secretary of State that I've been planning to replace for months, and put in someone with a very long career at the CIA and who doubtless is one of the most knowledgeable people in the country when it comes to North Korea?

I'm pretty sure that if prep work is what's important, then this is pretty much step #1.
    Also, deep knowledge of other countries and their sanctions regimes doesn't come from the Secretary of State. It comes from career professionals at the department. The sort of career professionals that have been leaving in droves.
    Last edited by Norm dePlume; Tuesday, March 13th, 2018 at 11:13 AM.

And these children that you spit on
    As they try to change their worlds
    Are immune to your consultations
    They're quite aware of what they're going through
    -David Bowie, Changes

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've never decided anything with regards to Tillerson. That's not my job.

The point is that you don't get to run around claiming that Trump isn't prepared for meeting with Un while simultaneously harping about Trump shifting the focus of SECSTATE from trade issues (which is why Tillerson was brought on in the first place) to national security issues (which, it's pretty clear, is why Pompeo is the pick).

"You're not prepared for this!"
    "OK. I'm going to get someone in here who knows a whole lot about this stuff."
    "You can't do that!"
    You should know that Trump commented on his reasons for canning Tillerson. He didn't mention North Korea. He cited differences on Iran, which fails to explain the timing and the sudden announcement via Twitter.

-David Bowie, Changes

Last Online
    Today @ 9:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    You should know that Trump commented on his reasons for canning Tillerson. He didn't mention North Korea. He cited differences on Iran, which fails to explain the timing and the sudden announcement via Twitter.

OK. So, not Russia then.

So much for that bullshit meme.
    Now more than two weeks, and the Left still remain incapable of saying that Leftist violence is bad.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that part remains irrelevant. You're pissed that it could result in a Trump win, regardless of who set what table where.
    And you will call it a win regardless. You will be eating the leg of some poor dead sap in a post apocalyptic hellscape thinking about how much of a win it was.

So.

Whatever, dude.
    Bluto: Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
    Otter: [whispering] Germans?
    Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.

Last Online
    Friday, July 20th, 2018 @ 11:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never thought anyone would ever be against (or rooting against) a nuke free North Korea.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    So now Tillerson is a bad choice for Secretary of State? When did you decide this?
    So now Tillerson is a good choice for Secretary of State? When did you decide this?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    “The measure of a life, after all, is not its duration, but its donation.”
    - Corrie ten Boom

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    And you will call it a win regardless.
    Unlikely. I hold little hope that this will be at all productive, unless perhaps it starts a series of talks, a la meetings with heads of the USSR in the '70s and '80s. I don't even hold much hope that this meeting will even happen. The Norks have too much of a history of chicanery when it comes to these allegedly "diplomatic" meetings.

If Trump manages to come away with the DPRK actually abandoning their nuclear program as well as their ballistic missile program, with some manner of genuine enforcement, then I'll call it a win. If it manages to start a series of talks, then it will be a starting point, but not really a win per se. If neither happens (which I consider the most likely outcome at this point), then it's mostly just a waste of time.
    Now more than two weeks, and the Left still remain incapable of saying that Leftist violence is bad.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    So now Tillerson is a good choice for Secretary of State? When did you decide this?

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
    He never was. If he had done a good job, he'd have been fired long ago. He's been complicit in dismantling and degrading the department. It's interesting that this president is so short of "great people" that he has to play musical chairs and pull from another department to get a replacement.

-David Bowie, Changes

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:21 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tillerson allegedly found out via Twitter. Ouch.

CIA Director Mike Pompeo has been named as his replacement.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Ever stop to think, then forget to start again?

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like