Page 34 of 306 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Sometimes you feel you have nuts, sometimes you don't.
    Get off the cross, we need the wood.

2. Likes Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    I don't expect you to acknowledge any kind of fact except the convenient alternative kind. I also don't expect you to bolster your claim or to show where the fact checker is wrong. I expect you to go swallow some more propaganda and then share it with us after a digestive period.
    Your answer was that there was no interference by the Obama administration in the Netanyahu election. I won't convince you otherwise.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a 1993 documentary called Boys From Brazil that follows a Brazilian trans prostitute. It is really very good.

I am sorry if I give away the ending but she ends up in the hospital with AIDS. One of the last things she says on camera (from my faulty memory) was something like, “I will get better. I will get better and leave this hospital a new woman ... with a dick.”

One of the most emotionally moving things I have ever seen.
    Competitive authoritarianism—in which the coexistence of meaningful democratic institutions and serious incumbent abuse yields electoral competition that is real but unfair

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    There is a 1993 documentary called Boys From Brazil that follows a Brazilian trans prostitute. It is really very good.

I am sorry if I give away the ending but she ends up in the hospital with AIDS. One of the last things she says on camera (from my faulty memory) was something like, “I will get better. I will get better and leave this hospital a new woman ... with a dick.”

One of the most emotionally moving things I have ever seen.
    “There are women with a penis and men with a vagina, because the only key part of being a woman is to be and feel like a woman.”

Sorry but no. Get rid of your penis and we can talk about you being an expert on what it's like to be a woman.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

6. Likes JB liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 5:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes 80zephyr, scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    “There are women with a penis and men with a vagina, because the only key part of being a woman is to be and feel like a woman.”

Sorry but no. Get rid of your penis and we can talk about you being an expert on what it's like to be a woman.
    This is a "message for the schoolchildren she visits"?

The word schoolchildren is usually reserved for very young people (as opposed to students, for example).

I don't have much confidence that this vocabulary or the subject itself is appropriate for "schoolchildren."

10. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Sunday, March 24th, 2019 @ 4:25 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if he can lay out what exactly it is that makes someone "feel like a woman" because I can (or should) see every whatever "feminist" groups du jour there are getting bunched about it. Maybe not in this case because of the person delivering the message but it would be interesting to see his thoughts on that.

Kinda insulting to every real female out there but so be it.
    You can't unburn bridges.

Last Online
    Tuesday, February 25th, 2020 @ 11:38 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

13. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Competitive authoritarianism—in which the coexistence of meaningful democratic institutions and serious incumbent abuse yields electoral competition that is real but unfair

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

16. Likes Newman liked this post