Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prayer Request

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Prayer Request

While helping a friend chase one of his family's cows that had gotten loose, our 15 yr old grandson broke his ankle falling into a prairie dog hole. The orthopedic surgeon is on his way for surgery tonight. Hunter is having some anxiety about it too...probably gets that from me...even though I've never had surgery.

Please pray for the surgeon and our boy. Thanks.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

2. Likes Lanie liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 7:12 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    While helping a friend chase one of his family's cows that had gotten loose, our 15 yr old grandson broke his ankle falling into a prairie dog hole. The orthopedic surgeon is on his way for surgery tonight. Hunter is having some anxiety about it too...probably gets that from me...even though I've never had surgery.

Prayers and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Yikes.

4. Thanks Michele thanked for this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:14 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post

Sorry top hear that M. On a lighter note, I'd be happy to help mitigate the prairie dog over population issue.
    If it pays, it stays

6. Thanks Michele thanked for this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 5:29 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    On the way.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

8. Thanks Michele thanked for this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all.

He was out of surgery at 1am so they just kept him for the night. The fracture only required a pin...screw...whatever they're called. After visiting PT today, they (mom and son) arrived home at 2pm and are presently sleeping. We have our little granddaughter so that's fun for us. Our d-i-l is a former EMT so it was a piece of cake for her...she's very calm and that helps a lot. Dad flies in from AR on Wednesday so they'll all be together for a week or so.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Thursday, May 28th, 2020 @ 3:43 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm praying for a speedy recovery for him.
    “Any sufficiently advanced capitalism is indistinguishable from rent seeking.” ~ =j

11. Thanks Michele thanked for this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm praying for a speedy recovery for him.
    Thanks, Tom.

13. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Sorry top hear that M. On a lighter note, I'd be happy to help mitigate the prairie dog over population issue.
    I always feel bad for the dogs. Always. Even though I know why they need to be rid of. You probably remember that B shoots hundreds of acres for the ranchers around here. I told him last night, no more Mrs Nice Guy.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just saw this, Michele. Sounds like the surgeon doesn't need any more prayers on this one, but I'll offer some up for your grandson and the family. Broken ankles are tough.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

16. Thanks Michele thanked for this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Just saw this, Michele. Sounds like the surgeon doesn't need any more prayers on this one, but I'll offer some up for your grandson and the family. Broken ankles are tough.
    Thanks Philly.

I just took our granddaughter home. Both Hunter and his mom look beat. He has a cast to his knee. Dr appt in 3 weeks to evaluate how his ankle looks and how long the cast stays on.

18. Thanks phillygirl thanked for this post