Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rather an odd burgle

Last Online
    Friday, December 6th, 2019 @ 10:47 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Aliens. They are going to 'probe' you next. You know that, right?
    Actually, they are almost certainly coming after you.

These beings are clearly motivated by Earth cooking technology that is capable of containing liquids in some fashion. Hence the theft of the spoons, bowls, and Pyrex.

The logical conclusion, therefore, is that if they are interested in our superior spoon technology, they're obviously going to go completely ga-ga over an instant pot, not to mention a stick-less copper skillet.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Actually, they are almost certainly coming after you.

These beings are clearly motivated by Earth cooking technology that is capable of containing liquids in some fashion. Hence the theft of the spoons, bowls, and Pyrex.

The logical conclusion, therefore, is that if they are interested in our superior spoon technology, they're obviously going to go completely ga-ga over an instant pot, not to mention a stick-less copper skillet.

Be afraid. Be very afraid.
    Instant Pot is now in the neighbor's barn. The mule gave me the side-eye.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 1:55 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    DAMN! I just realized tonight that they also got my favorite little cooking dish: a relatively tiny (maybe one quart, possibly less) Pyrex casserole that is exactly the right size for cooking a single chicken breast in the oven.

Dammit! I used that thing all the time! It's not like it's any tremendous financial loss: you can pick the things up for about six bucks at Wal-Mart or whatever. I'm mostly hacked off because I had already gotten my chicken breast thawed out and marinated and when I went to get the cooking dish for it and it was gone.

Yeah, but those new ones are made with a different type of glass, and will break easier. Especially if subjected to sudden temperature changes, like setting a hot dish on a stovetop that may have a tiny little puddle of cool liquid.

Or, as my mother found out years ago, if a roast leaks cold juice into a searing hot dish. KABOOM. Shards all in the oven.
    “Your boos mean nothing, I see what makes you cheer! … Every breath I take without your permission increases my self-esteem!” - Rick Sanchez

Last Online
    Today @ 3:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want your spoons and pyrex dish back, place 228,706,314 bitcoins in a suitcase and leave it at the corner of 5th and Vine.

Do not contact the authorities.
    Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy …
    and lost …
    But the Republicans are racist.