Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Police: Man tried to steal plane for concert

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Posts
    19,578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Police: Man tried to steal plane for concert

    Police: Man tried to steal plane for concert

    Report: Suspect thought flying would be easy
    August 1st, 2018by Lynn LaRowe in Texarkana

    A man arrested at the Texarkana Regional Airport on July 4th allegedly told investigators he intended to fly a stolen plane to a rap music concert in another state.

    Asked about his lack of training as a pilot, Zemarcuis Devon Scott, 18, allegedly told Texarkana, Ark., police that he didn't believe there was much more to the task than pushing buttons and pulling levers, according to a probable cause affidavit used to create the following account.

    It was about 2:30 a.m. when airport security personnel contacted police about seeing a man jump a fence and attempt to enter an American Eagle twin-engine jet. By the time officers arrived, the suspect, later identified as Scott, had gotten onto the small commercial plane and closed the door behind him.

    When officers shined a flashlight into the plane's cockpit from outside the jet, they could see a man sitting in the pilot's seat with his hands below the window and out of direct view. Fearing for their safety, an officer drew his weapon and ordered the man to keep his hands up where they could be seen.

    When the suspect turned his gaze toward the officers, two of them allegedly recognized Scott from past encounters. Two of the three responding officers got the plane's door open while the third continued to monitor Scott until he could be taken into custody.

    On Monday, Chief Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Chuck Black formally charged Scott with commercial burglary and attempted theft of property with a value greater than $25,000. Both offenses are felonies punishable by three to 10 years in prison and a fine up to $10,000.

    Scott is being held in the Miller County jail with bail set at $25,000. The case has been assigned to Circuit Judge Carlton Jones. A date for Scott's arraignment on the charges hasn't been scheduled but he is expected to appear in court later this month.
    My bold.

    Texarkana Gazette
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Monday, April 9th, 2018
    Last Online
    Monday, December 9th, 2019 @ 8:36 AM
    Location
    Lower Alabama
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another rocket surgeon born every minute.

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.

  3. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
  4. #3
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Posts
    19,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bandersnatch45 View Post
    Another rocket surgeon born every minute.

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    What really funny is that I doubt this guy could steal a stick shift - yet he thinks a plane is no problem. News flash - all planes are stick shifts one way or another.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Monday, April 9th, 2018
    Last Online
    Monday, December 9th, 2019 @ 8:36 AM
    Location
    Lower Alabama
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What really funny is that I doubt this guy could steal a stick shift - yet he thinks a plane is no problem. News flash - all planes are stick shifts one way or another.
    Personally, I think they should have left him to it, just to see if he could get it cranked.

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.

  6. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
  7. #5
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Posts
    19,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bandersnatch45 View Post
    Personally, I think they should have left him to it, just to see if he could get it cranked.

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    That was also my first thought but then I thought about the insurance and repairs and the legit pilot being out a plane and the ambulance and everything. It would have been bad.

    Totally would have uploaded the clip if it had happened. I can't lie.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Monday, April 9th, 2018
    Last Online
    Monday, December 9th, 2019 @ 8:36 AM
    Location
    Lower Alabama
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    That was also my first thought but then I thought about the insurance and repairs and the legit pilot being out a plane and the ambulance and everything. It would have been bad.

    Totally would have uploaded the clip if it had happened. I can't lie.
    I'd just like to see him fiddle fart around with the knobs trying to get it to go.

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:07 AM
    Posts
    19,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bandersnatch45 View Post
    I'd just like to see him fiddle fart around with the knobs trying to get it to go.

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    I can't fly and have never ever even thought about lessons. The entire idea seems absurd to me but I have been a passenger in a few light planes - the procedure looks a lot to me like a combination of voodoo and driving a Renault.

    I had a Renault so I speak from experience here. Not good experience.

    (Did not attempt voodoo with the car but I'm pretty sure it would have backfired like every thing else.)
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Monday, April 9th, 2018
    Last Online
    Monday, December 9th, 2019 @ 8:36 AM
    Location
    Lower Alabama
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    B le
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I can't fly and have never ever even thought about lessons. The entire idea seems absurd to me but I have been a passenger in a few light planes - the procedure looks a lot to me like a combination of voodoo and driving a Renault.

    I had a Renault so I speak from experience here. Not good experience.

    (Did not attempt voodoo with the car but I'm pretty sure it would have backfired like every thing else.)
    Well, yeah. I don't know where ole boy got the idea that he could just jump in and crank it like it was a stolen Buick, much less how to fly it, at night no less. It would have been amusing to watch.

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.

  11. #9
    Join Date
    Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:51 AM
    Posts
    10,882
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bandersnatch45 View Post
    It would have been amusing to watch.
    Well, but, not for the owner of the plane.

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Monday, April 9th, 2018
    Last Online
    Monday, December 9th, 2019 @ 8:36 AM
    Location
    Lower Alabama
    Posts
    743
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Well, but, not for the owner of the plane.
    I doubt if he could have done any real damage.

    Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk
    I am the cat who walks by himself. And all places are alike to me.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •