Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Human resources study shows a stunning unintended backlash to the ‘Me Too’ movement

Last Online
    Today @ 6:20 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Human resources study shows a stunning unintended backlash to the ‘Me Too’ movement

Human resources study shows a stunning unintended backlash to the ‘Me Too’ movement
    2 hours
    Carlos Garcia

A new study shows unintended consequences from the "Me Too" movement against sexual harassment.

A study shows that there are stunning consequences to the “Me Too” movement against sexual harassment that the proponents probably didn’t foresee and definitely will not support.

A backlash that will limit opportunities for women

The Society for Human Resource Management published a report Thursday that documented the result of the movement that called on society to believe allegations of sexual harassment without question.

According to the study, nearly a third of executives report that they have “changed their behaviors to a moderate, great or very great extent to avoid behavior that could be perceived as sexual harassment.”

The CEO of the SHRM, Johnny C. Taylor Jr., explained that “some of the more concerning pieces of data that came out of the research are around the concern that there may be a backlash of sorts.”

“There were men who specifically said I will not hire a woman going forward,” he explained.

“Those who said they would hire a woman said they would not travel with one, and they, more importantly they would not engage in activities after business hours,” Taylor added.

“And you know oftentimes, that’s when the relationships are built,” he continued, “after hours dinners with clients, et cetera, trips, I’m a lawyer for example, and you know, you’re the associate, and the partner won’t travel with you for fear that it could be perceived, or he could be subject to a sexual harassment claim.”

A culture of “guilty until proven innocent”

Taylor said that companies need to be careful about how to implement new policies because of the “Me Too” movement.

“We can’t let the pendulum swing too far,” he explained. “Organizations must be careful not to create a culture of ‘guilty until proven innocent’ and we cannot tolerate other unintended consequences.”

That is exactly the criticism that many supporters of Brett Kavanaugh made, including some lawmakers, about the allegations made against him in order to derail his nomination. Kavanaugh was sworn in to the Supreme Court on Monday.
    I have anecdotally heard this from some men in hiring authority positions and those who formerly traveled and did after-hours drink and bitch sessions with women. The guys who said this were not womanizers and hadn't (yet) had any complaints from female work colleagues. They just felt that the risk wasn't worth the benefit.

After all, not all men travel with female work peers (for a variety of reasons), not all ever do the socializing stuff, and not all mentor women. There's no real downside for men who avoid all this.

We'll see where the New Puritanism goes in the work world.

Blaze
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand what you're saying, and I don't want to work in a place where there's no social interaction and the men are all on guard all the time against any situation that could put them at risk of a false accusation. There could be an up side to this though. I would like it if work didn't spill over into my personal time. Imagine if clients sent you business because you're really good at what you do, instead of because you take them to dinner at nice places! Imagine if you got raises because you do excellent work, instead of because you're an accomplished schmooze artist or can drink your senior partner under the table!
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 3:40 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

California points the way!

Quotas.

California becomes first state to require women on corporate boards
    • California has become the first state to require publicly traded companies to include women on their boards of directors.
    • Gov. Jerry Brown approved the legislation Sunday that forces changes at California-based corporations by 2020.
    • Some 25 percent of publicly held corporations with headquarters in California don't have any women on their boards of directors.

Last Online
    Today @ 6:59 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    What did people think was gonna happen?

Doh.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

5. Likes Newman liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 3:40 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post

Doh.

Mark
    Yep. It takes a lot for these misandrist harridans to affect the day to day collegiality of ordinary people, but they are managing to do so.

What I don't get for the life of me is why on earth a political party that wants to win national elections would embrace such belligerence. OK, half of you constituents, just shut up.

I'm not sure Hirono is that stupid, but she's faking it pretty well if she's not.

I ran into this yesterday:

Real Men Don’t ‘Shut Up’—But They Do ‘Step Up’
    I am a woman who is beyond sickened by the current radical feminist platform. “I am woman, hear me roar” has mutated into screeching, man-hating, eternal victimhood.

The Democrats that support, condone, and feed this frenzy need to be stopped at the voting booth this November. Because I am a woman who believes in the virtues of masculinity, a woman who will go to the ends of the earth to ensure that her sons have a future, I feel compelled to address men in particular.

Men, it should bother you deeply that you have been told to “shut up.”
    Those paid performers screeching in the Senate chamber are no match for this author, Michele Bregande:
    To you men who remain loyal to the Democrats: You are stranded in far-left field, your team has left the game, and you are now playing ball with the radicals who hijacked your party. While fly balls pelt you and your entire team, all you do is duck and cover—it’s as if you actually condone and embrace a passive form of genital-tucking.

You lack courage. You have become prisoners of emotion. You stand among the ranks of women whose agenda is rooted in the suspicion and fundamental hatred of masculinity. Your choice of “woman” is represented by a bullying, angry mob of Screaming-Mimi eternal victims. You have chosen poorly. You have been inducted into a culture of castration, and apparently, you are thoroughly pussyhat-whipped.

To that semblance of man: No woman takes you seriously. Certainly not any woman from among the ranks you’ve joined; and definitely none of the rest of us intelligent, reasonable, and logical women who stand in direct opposition to the hysterical feminists who detest men and their masculinity.

Only one group of women actually respects and enjoys real men, and it’s not that angry mob on the Left. Real women are mourning the fact that real men have been made the enemy. We are devastated that some of you believe that you really should “shut up.” We oppose the vile feminist “resistance,” and we have no fear of true masculinity. We have the courage, the resolve, the integrity to stand side-by-side with real men, and oppose a radical platform of hate that will destroy our husbands, our brothers, our sons.

Men are not stupid. Men are not monsters. Men are not all rapists. Men are not all capable of becoming rapists. But, oh, how easy it is to depict you that way! We have witnessed this reality, and it could become every man’s reality unless you stand up and fight.

In case some of you men still don’t get it, and are still willing to try to sit at the table with these Democrats, pay attention. They play dirty poker. They have shown their hand repeatedly, yet somehow you think you have the odds in your favor. I am revealing the face value of the cards they hold. They decided to play with a feminist deck, and are holding all the cards depicting castrated kings. Why are you still in?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:09 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Doh.

Mark
    Yep. What man would risk hiring a woman to work for him? Or even be in the same group?
    OK, maybe a token board of director person. Is that woman so dumb she doesn't know what she is?

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Yep. It takes a lot for these misandrist harridans to affect the day to day collegiality of ordinary people, but they are managing to do so.

What I don't get for the life of me is why on earth a political party that wants to win national elections would embrace such belligerence. OK, half of you constituents, just shut up.

I'm not sure Hirono is that stupid, but she's faking it pretty well if she's not.

I ran into this yesterday:

Real Men Don’t ‘Shut Up’—But They Do ‘Step Up’
    Those paid performers screeching in the Senate chamber are no match for this author, Michele Bregande:
    From the article:

Men, it should bother you deeply that you have been told to “shut up.”

Damn straight. The left has overplayed its hand, as usual. They think that calling good honest people names like racist, homophobe, misogynist, etc. will either silence those who disagree or force them to fall in line.

A huge mistake on their parts.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    Today @ 6:04 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn straight. The left has overplayed its hand, as usual. They think that calling good honest people names like racist, homophobe, misogynist, etc. will either silence those who disagree or force them to fall in line.

A huge mistake on their parts.

Mark
    Does that include "Jeez, Adam. You want to huff Cheeto jizz like a washed up fluffer"
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    — Ernest Hemingway

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a saying in my field: "Bad cases make bad law."

Whether or not one agrees that this is the proper solution, how is it possible for a publicly-held corporation to have no female board members in 2018? What did they expect?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Does that include "Jeez, Adam. You want to huff Cheeto jizz like a washed up fluffer"
    Lol. Sounds like something Billy would say, so, ya.

Mark