Thread: Election Day 2018: Police say Florida man threatens to blow up elections office

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Election Day 2018: Police say Florida man threatens to blow up elections office

Election Day 2018: Police say Florida man threatens to blow up elections office
    By: Monique Valdes, WFTV.com

Updated: Nov 6, 2018 - 2:51 PM

A 65-year-old Florida man was arrested Monday after deputies said he called in a bomb threat to the Brevard County Supervisor of Elections Office.

Brevard County deputies said Daniel Chen, of Melbourne, called the office and made the threat because he was upset about the number of unsolicited calls he was receiving from political candidates.

Chen threatened to blow up the office and even gave his name and phone number, deputies said.

Deputies were able to locate Chen and confirm he made the threat.

Chen was arrested on one charge of making a false report of a bomb and is being held in jail in lieu of $15,000 bond.
    Haven't we all been there at some point over the past month?

WPXI
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Haven't we all been there at some point over the past month?

WPXI
    Well, yeah, but not me, not this year, for some reason. Maybe nobody in CA cares about your vote when you're over 65. Or maybe they think I don't really live here, because my phone number is an out-of-state area code. Whatever the reason, I'm glad.

One of my associates has been inundated. She told one guy to take her off their call list. He was a pollster, I guess, because he got coy and said he would take her off if she would answer 2 questions. She hung up on him and he EMAILED HER TO SAY IT WAS RUDE TO HANG UP ON HIM, AND EXPRESSED HURT FEELINGS. Really???????? I have phone-banked for candidates and issues. If you can't handle hang-ups, you need to do some other kind of work.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Well, yeah, but not me, not this year, for some reason. Maybe nobody in CA cares about your vote when you're over 65. Or maybe they think I don't really live here, because my phone number is an out-of-state area code. Whatever the reason, I'm glad.

One of my associates has been inundated. She told one guy to take her off their call list. He was a pollster, I guess, because he got coy and said he would take her off if she would answer 2 questions. She hung up on him and he EMAILED HER TO SAY IT WAS RUDE TO HANG UP ON HIM, AND EXPRESSED HURT FEELINGS. Really???????? I have phone-banked for candidates and issues. If you can't handle hang-ups, you need to do some other kind of work.
    We've been inundated in this election for some reason. It was worse than the Presidential election. They have actually trekked up to the door more than once.

I really don't even know why candidates mail out those glossy brochures (which instantly go into the trash). They say nothing useful (often not even party affiliation) and have zero real information. It's just a waste.

We simply stopped answering the phone but it was tedious to remove all the senseless voicemails.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We've been inundated in this election for some reason. It was worse than the Presidential election. They have actually trekked up to the door more than once.

I really don't even know why candidates mail out those glossy brochures (which instantly go into the trash). They say nothing useful (often not even party affiliation) and have zero real information. It's just a waste.

We simply stopped answering the phone but it was tedious to remove all the senseless voicemails.
    Agreed. For a mid-term election, the amount of phone calls...cell included...was ridiculous. Not to mention, the polling calls. So happy it's over. So sad the 2020 campaign starts tomorrow.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

5. Likes Celeste Chalfonte liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    So sad the 2020 campaign starts tomorrow.
    Oh, Lord.

*cries*

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:30 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Other than mailers, no one bothered me or my wife.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had a call last night at 11:13pm asking if we would do an exit poll. I stopped reading my book, answered the phone and gave the caller my nicest reprimand about telephone etiquette. She answered, etiquette? I don't think she understood the word.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    We had a call last night at 11:13pm asking if we would do an exit poll. I stopped reading my book, answered the phone and gave the caller my nicest reprimand about telephone etiquette. She answered, etiquette? I don't think she understood the word.
    Well, at least they haven't outsourced the calls to East Bumfuckistan. I think if I got a pollster who informed me, in that lilting simulacrum of English used by all foreign tech support and credit card customer service bots, that s/he could certainly help me with this poll, I might have to hurt somebody.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

10. Likes Michele liked this post