Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Mr. Snaps Is Considering A Cat

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 15th, 2020 @ 5:52 AM
    Posts
    23,730
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mr. Snaps Is Considering A Cat

    I am not a 'cat person' despite having had numerous cats my entire life.

    He is favoring Maine Coons based on size. I have felt that the next cat (if any) should be Siamese. My mother bred 'Himalayans, which were Persians crossed with Seal Point or Blue Siamese studs. I adored the Siamese

    I had no use for the Persians who took a tremendous amount of grooming and were dumb as bag of hammers.

    My "best" cat in adulthood was a Siamese. But they are very talky and interactive. I believe a Siamese could hold its own against Jack.

    Thoughts? (I have done my part in rescue cats. Honestly, I've done YOUR part.)
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Saturday, October 5th, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In the mainstream of American life.
    Posts
    16,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I am not a 'cat person' despite having had numerous cats my entire life.

    He is favoring Maine Coons based on size. I have felt that the next cat (if any) should be Siamese. My mother bred 'Himalayans, which were Persians crossed with Seal Point or Blue Siamese studs. I adored the Siamese

    I had no use for the Persians who took a tremendous amount of grooming and were dumb as bag of hammers.

    My "best" cat in adulthood was a Siamese. But they are very talky and interactive. I believe a Siamese could hold its own against Jack.

    Thoughts? (I have done my part in rescue cats. Honestly, I've done YOUR part.)
    Cats are evil, but you already know this. Siamese are worse, because they TELL you all the evil things they've done. At length. And they're athletic, so there is no place in your entire home they cannot put their furry butts. So they will.

    Suggest he get a goat.

    ETA: HRH ssuggests that if Mr. Snaps is deterined to have a pet that sheds buckets of hair and doesn't care about him, he could get a Shiba. No litter box.
    Last edited by Celeste Chalfonte; Friday, January 4th, 2019 at 11:33 PM.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

    The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Wednesday, June 17th, 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:55 PM
    Posts
    11,857
    Post Thanks / Like
    Down with cats!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 15th, 2020 @ 5:52 AM
    Posts
    23,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Cats are evil, but you already know this. Siamese are worse, because they TELL you all the evil things they've done. At length. And they're athletic, so there is no place in your entire home they cannot put their furry butts. So they will.

    Suggest he get a goat.

    ETA: HRH ssuggests that if Mr. Snaps is deterined to have a pet that sheds buckets of hair and doesn't care about him, he could get a Shiba. No litter box.
    All cats have flocked to him because he's essentially stationary aside from infrastructure projects. I don't dislike them but fail to see the purpose. I have a lot of vermin traps that work great.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Friday, November 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:09 PM
    Posts
    12,754
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Cats are evil, but you already know this. Siamese are worse, because they TELL you all the evil things they've done. At length. And they're athletic, so there is no place in your entire home they cannot put their furry butts. So they will.

    Suggest he get a goat.

    ETA: HRH ssuggests that if Mr. Snaps is deterined to have a pet that sheds buckets of hair and doesn't care about him, he could get a Shiba. No litter box.


    Plus they live forever. That's a lot of litter box scooping.
    • “Weakness is refusing to take responsibility for your own actions, weakness is pointing your finger at someone else in a time of crisis." — Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, blaming Trump.
    • "We hold these truths to be self evident. All men and women created by the, you know, you know, the thing." —Joe Biden, explaining the Creator.
    • "The way I see it, there's always, c'mon, there's always money. It's there." —Elizabeth Warren, explaining socialism.
    • “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff.
    • "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 15th, 2020 @ 5:52 AM
    Posts
    23,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best animated pet scene ever.

    They are smart as smart dogs but way trickier.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Posts
    10,434
    Post Thanks / Like
    Neither my husband or I liked cats but we got one as a kitten because we needed a mouser. She's a smaller sized tuxedo cat and cost zero dollars as most cats do around here.

    Lucy (the name given to her by the little girl in the family who made me promise we wouldn't change it) has turned out to be a great pet addition. My only regret is the birds that she destroys...unless they're swallows, of course.

    She put up with our whippets constantly chasing her around but she also got the better of them many times. The night before each one of them passed, she sweetly went to them and cleaned their face. She made us think about what animals sense and understand about other animals.

    She turned 14 years old last August. She is a bit creeky and has chosen to stay inside more this winter because of the cold. We credit her for changing our mind about cats.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

  8. Likes Gingersnap, 80zephyr liked this post
  9. #8
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 15th, 2020 @ 5:52 AM
    Posts
    23,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a kid, we always had 'barn cats' and sometimes a pet cat aside from the breeding cats (socialized but not really pets). I guess I'm indifferent unless they are performing a function. They are mobile home decor to me for the most part.

    My neighbor has cats and she lets them out so they stalk the birds I attract. I've hit them more than once with my sling shot.

    Thinking of moving up to the .22.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Saturday, October 5th, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    In the mainstream of American life.
    Posts
    16,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    As a kid, we always had 'barn cats' and sometimes a pet cat aside from the breeding cats (socialized but not really pets). I guess I'm indifferent unless they are performing a function. They are mobile home decor to me for the most part.

    My neighbor has cats and she lets them out so they stalk the birds I attract. I've hit them more than once with my sling shot.

    Thinking of moving up to the .22.
    Paintball.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

    The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

  11. Likes Gingersnap liked this post
  12. #10
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Thursday, October 15th, 2020 @ 5:52 AM
    Posts
    23,730
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Paintball.
    Why did I not think of this? I don't own a paintball rifle (despite having used them more than once). How much do they cost?

    Less than a KitchenAid probably.

    I'd pay serious money to see Violetta's face when her gnarly tuxedo cat got splatted with 'hunting orange'.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •