Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mr. Snaps Is Considering A Cat

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:31 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    My neighbor has cats and she lets them out so they stalk the birds I attract. I've hit them more than once with my sling shot.

Thinking of moving up to the .22.
    Neighbor retaliation to worry about?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Our cats have always been strictly indoor cats. (That's one reason they live to be, like, 21 @&$%! years old.)

But there are too many people who empathize with those poor feral cats, who feed them, and speak at town meetings on their behalf.

Unfortunately, songbirds can't purr.
    Feral cats, regardless of ability to procreate (I had neighbors who did that stupid trap, spay/neuter, and release thing), are a human-caused public nuisance and a blight. They are huge disease vectors, in addition to being non-native predators. It was a major problem in Gulfport/St Pete, where crazy cat ladies are thick on the ground.
    "Think as I think," said a man,
    "Or you are abominably wicked;
    You are a toad."
    And after I had thought of it,
    I said: "I will, then, be a toad." - Stephen Crane

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Neighbor retaliation to worry about?
    Oh, I don't kill them (it's crossed my mind), they're just surprised to get whacked. Based on the fights I've seen, they hurt each other way more than I've ever hurt them.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Wednesday, November 25th, 2020 @ 7:34 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    All cats have flocked to him because he's essentially stationary aside from infrastructure projects. I don't dislike them but fail to see the purpose. I have a lot of vermin traps that work great.

I've found that cats can be very affectionate when you let them take the lead. Unlike a dog, they usually have an instinct on how to use the litter box. I can't hardly train my newer dog to save my life.

I do like Siamese because they are very vocal.

If you do go the rescue route, I'll give you my address and you can look around my neighborhood. lol. (No, those kittens do not belong to my cats).

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I've found that cats can be very affectionate when you let them take the lead. Unlike a dog, they usually have an instinct on how to use the litter box. I can't hardly train my newer dog to save my life.

I do like Siamese because they are very vocal.

If you do go the rescue route, I'll give you my address and you can look around my neighborhood. lol. (No, those kittens do not belong to my cats).
    Thanks but no thanks. I'm keeping silent on this cat acquisition project in the hope that sheer inertia will kill it.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

6. Likes Celeste Chalfonte liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Let me tell you about the places I've found cat poop and murdered birds. It's the marauding neighbor cats who are mean. I just want to teach them to stay home.
    Ferral cats are different than regular cats. I don't begrudge someone taking out a feral cat. Our domestic cat has been bitten twice by a feral tom and spent a week at the vets and almost died. If my husband could've found the cat, trust me...he would've shot it.

I'm not even someone who wants or needs an animal as a pet. As I said, we got a cat to be a mouser and she turned into a pretty nice pet. I just strongly disagree with killing a domestic cat.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Ferral cats are different than regular cats. I don't begrudge someone taking out a feral cat. Our domestic cat has been bitten twice by a feral tom and spent a week at the vets and almost died. If my husband could've found the cat, trust me...he would've shot it.

I'm not even someone who wants or needs an animal as a pet. As I said, we got a cat to be a mouser and she turned into a pretty nice pet. I just strongly disagree with killing a domestic cat.
    Oh, well, I wouldn't kill somebody's pet. Hate it, squirt it with vinegar to get it to stay out of my planter, cuss it...sure. A small-caliber paintball won't even leave a mark...except on ALL THAT FUR. The goal here is to retrain the owner.
    "Think as I think," said a man,
    "Or you are abominably wicked;
    You are a toad."
    And after I had thought of it,
    I said: "I will, then, be a toad." - Stephen Crane

9. Likes Gingersnap liked this post