Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Democrats running for President 2020

Last Online
    Today @ 8:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Here's an update on that "scandal."

Take heed, foreign governments. The Trump campaign is open for business.
    Trump using their own tactics against them? Delicious.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:41 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I doubt there could be a more aptly named vehicle preparing his launch than Vanity Fair.

This really is a pretty spectacular cratering. Someone on twitter said "it's like Dukakis in the tank every day with this guy."
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

3. Likes Michele, scott, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the Dukakis reference. It sounds about right.

But Beto isn't the only one cratering. Maybe later there should be a thread of turning points, Waterloos, or something.

For Elizabeth Warren I think it was her DNA test, although the tirade about FOX News ("hate for profit") was hard to top. Maybe that's the coup de grace. Polls show her getting trounced in her home state.

Sanders is crumbling too, and I'd peg his into-the-volcano bungee jump moment his endorsement of voting rights for jailbirds.

I saw somewhere Mayor Pete is polling at zero percent among SC African Americans. We're seeing the limits of his appeal, and he can't win.

So far I'm wrong about Biden already reaching his high point. Maybe he represents the great not-progressive mass of Democrats who aren't pleased with the forced march leftward. I still have confidence in Joe's eventual fade , though.
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

5. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:39 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post

So far I'm wrong about Biden already reaching his high point. Maybe he represents the great not-progressive mass of Democrats who aren't pleased with the forced march leftward. I still have confidence in Joe's eventual fade , though.
    Nah, He's just the pre-appointed one for coronation. Last time it was Clinton. That's why they have super delegates. They can curb the accent of the Bernies.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like

"Worst Mayor Ever"

De Blasio to announce 2020 bid on ‘Good Morning America’
    Mayor Bill de Blasio will appear on “Good Morning America” Thursday, where he’s expected to officially announce his quixotic run for the White House.

He will then travel to Iowa after his appearance to stump for votes.
    Fresh off his most recent grandstanding appearance inside Trump Tower:

It's an entertaining clip, well worth its two minutes. At 1:25 you get a glimpse of how an escalator prop should be used.

Why de Blasio totally earned his Trump Tower humiliation
    It was pure poetic justice that the weather ruined Mayor de Blasio’s latest stunt — turning his plans to preen about his Green New Deal efforts outside Trump Tower into a humiliating debacle inside the building.

Forced indoors by rain, the mayor found his remarks drowned out by lobby music and protesters, some of whom ruined every picture by holding up “Trump 2020” and “Worst Mayor Ever” signs.

It’s justice because de Blasio’s approach is so cynical. The stunt targeted Trump buildings for their greenhouse-gas emissions even though several other edifices — Mount Sinai Medical Center, the Time Warner Center, the MetLife building — have bigger problems by the same standard.

And the standard itself is junk: It only threatens fines in 2030 — 11 years in the future, if buildings don’t refit to cut their emissions. Plus, more than half the city is exempted. Indeed, the scheme effectively targets industries that use a lot of energy, such as tech, media and life sciences — sectors that provide good jobs.

Anyway, the initiative for the law came from the City Council; de Blasio just rushed to take the credit and then to pretend that Trump buildings are particular trouble....
    This face-plant might qualify for DeBlasio's free style volcano dive, except that he hasn't climbed above the ground floor yet. From the first article here:

The Hawkeye State was a field of broken dreams last time Democrat de Blasio visited in February as he explored a presidential bid.

He drew crowds of fewer than 50 people, including one dozing attendee in Des Moines and chin-scratching comments like this one from Sioux City resident Vladimir Landman.

“I’ll be honest — I’m not 100% sure what he’s doing here,” said Landman who joined just 24 other people to hear de Blasio speak on Feb. 23.
    There's an old song, "Big Boss Man," whose refrain ends with the suggestion, you ain't big, "you're just tall, that's all."
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

8. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I like the way the pro-Trump/anti-DeBlasio posters are printed to look like hand-written signs. More or less oversize xeroxes, but one tiny step more sophisticated than the usual mass printed posters we union members used to hoist. Like the ones being held by the DeBlasio minions.

And it's a significant difference to my eye. Which party connects with the everyman?

Last Online
    Today @ 8:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does New York fine someone for buildings that aren't currently "green" enough, but were built to acceptable standards when originally constructed?

In essence, DeBlasio is threatening every New York property owner with fines if their buildings are not "up to date".

Is he crazy, or just nuts?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post

This really is a pretty spectacular cratering. Someone on twitter said "it's like Dukakis in the tank every day with this guy."
    Is there a bigger goof in this field than Beto? Where did he come from?
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Today @ 2:39 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Bok's wish list.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Today @ 8:41 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Apparently, some skateboard park in El Paso.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.