Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossfit Open

Last Online
    Today @ 1:09 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I could watch him for hours...in fact I think I did.
    Ha ha!! We have a couple Adonis like bodies in our Box. If I think of it I’ll try and dig up a pic.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is one of the nicest people I've ever met.

If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    19.2 announcement in 3 1/2 hours. I'll post up the workout and explanation later.

Here's a picture of strength that was just posted on our Box's FB page taken during 19.1 The very likable gentleman in the squat is a shining example of strength in the face of adversity. He was quite out of shape and over weight when he joined out fitness community. He's consistent with his attendance and has cleaned up his diet. Tragically, a cancer he had beaten four years ago is back. He is undergoing Chemo yet still posting incredible results in the open workout. Look up Badass and his face should be on the page.

Side note - had to laugh at how open my mouth is on the erg in the background. Guess I was a bit oxygen deprived at that point.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    In 19.1

I ended up at 226 out 869 in the 60+ scaled division.

Joyce ended up 320 out of 854 in the 60+ scaled division.
    If it pays, it stays

6. Likes phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    19.2 is in the books. The squat cleans took their toll. Joyce made it into the second round but the squat cleans did her in and she did not make the 8 minute time cap to move to round three. I made it into round three but the weigh increases each round and the weight for round three was 5 pounds under my one rep max. I managed to get 3 of the 11 squat cleans needed to move on so I was done at 12 minutes. It was brutal.

Love this group of people....

If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Joyce during her pull on a heavy for her squat/clean during 19.2. It's a technically difficult lift to do well. When the weight increases it becomes more difficult to get it far enough off the floor to quickly dive under the bar and catch it in the squat or as the bar begins dropping.

This weight was higher than she had ever squat/cleaned before. She was able to get 5 in the time remaining in the time cap.

If it pays, it stays

9. Likes phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like

If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Today @ 7:42 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting.

I actually like rowing - it's difficult but peaceful. The wall ball is now understood but not appealing.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Interesting.

I actually like rowing - it's difficult but peaceful. The wall ball is now understood but not appealing.
    Very little in CrossFit is "appealing". The results though are rewarding.

19.3 is a workout that very few will finish in the 10 minute time cap. I'm already obsessing on it and I doubt I'll make it through completely. The walking lunges should take 4 minutes presuming you can go unbroken. The weighted box step ups are probably another 3-4 minutes. By then you are gassed and your shoulders are cooked from holding the weight during the lunges. Strict press will fry your debts very quickly and once they go lactic you're lucky to put five together without a shake out. The clock will be the enemy. The bear crawls are easy fresh but after the strict press and fried shoulders they will be very difficult. I will consider it massive success to make it through the strict presses by the 10 min. time cap.

Imagine the RX division. They have overhead walking lunges, the box step ups, then strict handstand push-ups, followed by a 200 foot handstand walk. Only the cyborgs will make that under 10 minutes.
    If it pays, it stays