Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Every Hipster in Portland

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Every Hipster in Portland

May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

2. Likes 80zephyr, phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I adore 'Voodoo" donuts. The experience is hysterical. You have an amusement park line (often out the door). The people are pierced and tatted beyond belief. There's always one tweaker or drunk. Many motor cycle club members.

My fav is the signature donut - the Voodoo Doll. It comes with a pretzel stick so you can pierce the heart thus releasing the raspberry filling. I don't even like raspberry.

All of them are excellent though. A guy died in the shop last year as he was in a donut eating contest. Just made it better for me.

Try the Dirty Bastard.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 1:03 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I adore 'Voodoo" donuts. The experience is hysterical. You have an amusement park line (often out the door). The people are pierced and tatted beyond belief. There's always one tweaker or drunk. Many motor cycle club members.

My fav is the signature donut - the Voodoo Doll. It comes with a pretzel stick so you can pierce the heart thus releasing the raspberry filling. I don't even like raspberry.

All of them are excellent though. A guy died in the shop last year as he was in a donut eating contest. Just made it better for me.

Try the Dirty Bastard.
    What the hell are you talking about? Where do Voodoo donuts come from ?

Last Online
    Today @ 9:23 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    A donut shop in Portland generally completely surrounded by homeless and schizophrenics
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Portland and Denver. You'd love them as would your sister. I eat few donuts but Voodoo is my shop of choice.

Everything they have is amazing. Plus, you get a stellar pink box.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Portland and Denver. You'd love them as would your sister. I eat few donuts but Voodoo is my shop of choice.

Everything they have is amazing. Plus, you get a stellar pink box.
    We'll never know. I don't stand in lines for food. Nothing's that good.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

8. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    We'll never know. I don't stand in lines for food. Nothing's that good.
    So you think. I have walked out of many trendy eateries due to the wait list. Nothing they serve is that good.

Voodoo Donuts? Oh, Hell yes. I'll stand in a 30 person line in the summer on Colfax. Colfax is essentially hookers and blow. It's horrifying.

I don't even like sweets but those Voodoo donuts.....I dunno....well, you have to eat one. Then you will be hopelessly converted. I try to limit myself to 3 times a year.

I try.

10. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 9:23 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    The CrossFit West regionals were held in Portland and Joyce and I attended to cheer on a friend from Alaska. We made the mandatory trip one evening to VooDoo Donuts. I got a kick of of the fact there were actually regional qualified athletes with grease pen numbers on their upper arms standing in line for these donuts.
    If it pays, it stays

12. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:47 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dang. Dunkin Donuts is just down the street.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Dang. Dunkin Donuts is just down the street.
    Dunkin Donuts are to Voodoo Donuts like Coors Light is to the finest champagne. Don't get me wrong - I like their coffee (as much as I like any coffee). They make a fairly good chocolate sprinkle donut. It's adequate.

It is not a Voodoo Donut.

15. Likes scott liked this post