Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Two-Faith Nation

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Yeah. Silliness. He's our president, as has been all the others. I don't recall seeing the portraits up in high school or middle school, but that could just be a failing memory, not an accurate statement as to whether or not that was true. In elementary school it seemed a bit more important in terms of us learning about civics, etc. as part of the whole day, rather than later when there was a class hour devoted to it.
    Or they were afraid all the portraits would acquire mustaches in the middle schools.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had Kennedy's portrait in our classroom in 2nd, 3rd and 4th grade. I don't really remember any after that.

I walked into an elementary school here a few years back and noticed they had one of those metal type signs above a water fountain that said "In God We Trust" with smaller lettering talking about it being our nation's motto. I have to say, I was surprised. I'm guessing they can have it there because of it being our motto.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Today @ 6:07 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    I don't think I ever went there. I only remember Endless Summer.
    Picture it, Manning South Carolina 1966. The Holiday Inn lost our reservation and sent us to a motor court on the "old highway".

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Or they were afraid all the portraits would acquire mustaches in the middle schools.
    Could be!!
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.