Thread: The Big Island - Hawaii

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

The Big Island - Hawaii

Heading to the Big Island for two weeks starting tomorrow. Staying in Waikoloa with a couple of friends from back in the day. Looking forward to some sunshine, warm breezes, ocean smells, running without fear of falling, and working out with a different group of nuts as Celeste calls them at CrossFit Kawaihae.

If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Today @ 2:53 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a petroglyph park right next to there.

The trail runs through some creepy looking woods.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever done this? It's about 1 1/2 hours from you but it's amazing!
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    There's a petroglyph park right next to there.

The trail runs through some creepy looking woods.

Thanks Norm. We have been there in the past.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Have you ever done this? It's about 1 1/2 hours from you but it's amazing!
    Nope. Joyce would love it, not sure I can.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Nope. Joyce would love it, not sure I can.
    Heights?
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Heights?
    Yup!! Don't ask me when that happened but it did. Never an issue in my youth.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry about that but understand.

We're going next May and I can't wait to do that zip again.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fear of heights is a strange thing. I have it a little bit...I get a bit of vertigo...yet I also love them! It's strange. It really crops up when I'm doing some larger scale hikes. I can't look anywhere other than my two feet to get down from a big mountain. I also once climbed up an observation tower, during a very windy day, and nearly just sat my butt down to hold on for dear life! My hiking partner started horsing around to freak me out even more, and I swear I wanted to shoot him! But I love the exhilaration that I get from the fear of doing it.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Me, too! I was such a daredevil, I'd climb anything, dive off cliffs, swing out over a pit full of rusty junk on a rope swing...and then it was all over. I freeze. No specific incident. The only time I've been able to overcome it was when HRH (about 5 y.o.) was trapped up on the rope bridge at Busch Gardens with a bunch of teenagers (not supposed to be in the kiddie area) who were bouncing her around like a balloon at a rock concert.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).