Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cops: Pals Took Turns Shooting Each Other

Last Online
    Today @ 7:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    They were drunk. A misplaced shot through the neck or any artery (the femoral comes to mind) can be deadly. As a responsible gun owner, I would expect any rational person to know that aiming any gun at another human for any reason other than self-defense is reckless disregard for human life. Perhaps i's different in Wisconsin.
    Many things people do are dangerous. And many could be life threatening. I just see a difference between dumb fuckery and intent.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Many things people do are dangerous. And many could be life threatening. I just see a difference between dumb fuckery and intent.

Mark
    I think we all do. Sometimes the law does not. Celeste and I both agree that such a charge will probably not stick, but hopefully it scares them both enough that their shenanigans won't be so close to a possible death next time.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

3. Likes 80zephyr, Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you "see" is irrelevant to law enforcement. I'm genuinely surprised that you're not on board with these clowns having the book thrown at them. It's assholes like these guys who give credence to some of the more radical anti-gun rhetoric.

Yo, Frosty, Scott, Adam - what say you?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    What you "see" is irrelevant to law enforcement. I'm genuinely surprised that you're not on board with these clowns having the book thrown at them. It's assholes like these guys who give credence to some of the more radical anti-gun rhetoric.

Yo, Frosty, Scott, Adam - what say you?
    Is every dangerous event to be considered an assault? If I have a passenger on a motorcycle, and I rashly go too fast for conditions, and we spill, should that be considered assault?

Many, many things people do have an element of danger in them. Does rash behavior constitute assault?

It shouldn't.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is every dangerous event to be considered an assault? If I have a passenger on a motorcycle, and I rashly go too fast for conditions, and we spill, should that be considered assault?
    If you've been drinking, it might end up being vehicular homicide.

Do you agree that a person should never aim a gun at another human being unless that person is a danger to them?

Do you agree that a person should never use a firearm while drunk?

If you don't, what kind of fucking idiot are you? The same kind as the ones in the OP.

Many, many things people do have an element of danger in them. Does rash behavior constitute assault?

It shouldn't.
    Not even remotely the question.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you've been drinking, it might end up being vehicular homicide.

Do you agree that a person should never aim a gun at another human being unless that person is a danger to them?

Do you agree that a person should never use a firearm while drunk?

If you don't, what kind of fucking idiot are you? The same kind as the ones in the OP.

Not even remotely the question.
    What I agree with or not is not the point. What is logical is.

Mark

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I agree with or not is not the point. What is logical is.
    Always your refuge, when you can't articulate a legitimate rationale. No, what is legal is the point. There were a number of felonies and probably a dozen misdemeanors here.

Last Online
    Today @ 6:29 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Are these the responsible gun owners I keep hearing about?
    Troll.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Troll.
    What about the other troll, the one who thinks this is just boys being boys?

Last Online
    Today @ 6:29 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    1)All guns are always loaded.

2)Never point the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.

3)Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target (and you have made the decision to shoot).

4)Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I bolded two because, law aside, they clearly broke those two rules. Number two is obvious. Number four, if you are drunk, you have no idea what you are seeing in the sight picture let alone what's behind it.

If one of them were injured, consent or not, that person could easily have sued the other and won and a defense of "he asked me to shoot him" would be no defense at all.
    If it pays, it stays

12. Thanks Celeste Chalfonte thanked for this post
    Likes scott liked this post