Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Impeachable offenses

Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Impeachable offenses

AOC weighs in:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: 'I support impeaching this president'
    Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said there are “so many” reasons to impeach President Trump in an interview with Yahoo News’ “Skullduggery” podcast on Sunday evening. The congresswoman also indicated she is likely to sign on to a resolution introduced by Rep. Rashida Tlaib, D-Mich., last month that calls for Congress to begin an investigation into whether Trump has committed impeachable offenses.

“I think you could reach in a bag and pull so many things out that are impeachable of this president. I support impeaching this president,” Ocasio-Cortez said.
    When questioned what the “top three” offenses would be if she were drafting articles of impeachment against Trump, Ocasio-Cortez said “No. 1 is emoluments.”

“I think it’s always been emoluments,” she said, adding, “It’s always been about that for me.”

She was referring to a clause of the Constitution that prohibits members of the government from receiving emoluments, or any form of payment, from foreign countries. Many critics believe Trump has violated this rule because he maintains an interest in his real estate company, which has done business with foreign governments.

For a second potential impeachable offense, Ocasio-Cortez pointed to “tax fraud.” She later explained she was referring to indications that Trump has falsely deflated the value of his various properties in order to lower his property-tax payments.
    This is not quite true. It's a very selective representation of what happened. "Later she explained" is necessary is because after lighting up eyes wide with her number 2 reason, "tax fraud," she took almost 10 seconds of dead air failing to name number 3.

The interviewer had to step in, as dead air is not popular in radio. The explanation was offered for her:

Yahoo: And specifically on 'tax fraud,' what do you have in mind? Is there something specific like deflating assets,...
    AOC: Yeah.
    Yahoo:...to the insurance issue, those issues that you brought up I think when you were questioning Michael Cohen?
    AOC: Yeah, I agree. I think it comes to that. There's just, there's just so much..."

So much of the interview was like that. Just so much.

So much is the Yahoo rewrite.

She questioned the president’s former attorney, Michael Cohen, about this issue when he testified before Congress in February and he accused Trump of engaging in the practice.

Last, Ocasio-Cortez suggested Trump’s reported offer of a pardon if the immigration official broke the law could be a “pretty potent” justification for impeachment if it is investigated.
    In her view, there were almost too many impeachable offenses to list.

“There’s just so much. ... I can’t even,” she said. “There’s just so much.”
    AOC's "so much" list did include "the tax bill" and "the census."

I don't know if those would be high crimes or misdemeanors. I'd give her all the dead air time she wants, to explain.

Alexandra Ocasio Cortez graduated near the top of her class from Boston University with a double major in economics and international relations.
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it even probable her voters will wise up to her...……..

Last Online
    Saturday, August 17th, 2019 @ 2:40 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    But wait.......hold the presses......this isn't Fox News.........I thought all AOC articles were only found on Fox.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    Today @ 6:37 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    She doesn't even know what an emolument is, which isn't surprising since most Leftists don't know what an emolument is. She's just saying words to try to make it sound like she knows what she's talking about.

What an alarmingly stupid person she is.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Today @ 4:02 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    She doesn't even know what an emolument is, which isn't surprising since most Leftists don't know what an emolument is. She's just saying words to try to make it sound like she knows what she's talking about.

What an alarmingly stupid person she is.
    But...but, she's got one of them fancy deegree's.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reporters ask me what I feel China should do about Tibet. Who cares what I think China should do? I'm a fucking actor!

~ Brad Pitt

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their tortured twisting is never going to change the fact that Another Obnoxious Communist doesn't have a clue what the word means, and apparently neither do you. But you go ahead and try to chase that and see what it does for you. It will be fun watching Leftists squirm when that is then turned on all of the Democrats who got super-wealthy due to their positions in Congress.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah. You know they are really out there when they looking for the definition in a fucking dictionary.
    Reporters ask me what I feel China should do about Tibet. Who cares what I think China should do? I'm a fucking actor!

~ Brad Pitt

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Yeah. You know they are really out there when they looking for the definition in a fucking dictionary.
    Have you ever actually looked in a dictionary? You do know that they very frequently have more than one definition for any given word, right? And that it's then up to the reader to apply the right definition based upon the context used and common fucking sense?

No, obviously you don't know that at all.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now using a dictionary isn't "tortured twisting"?

You are incoherent again.

~ Brad Pitt