Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saving the Earth one cel at a time

Last Online
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Saving the Earth one cel at a time

Ocasio-Cortez tweets a five minute aspirational animation:

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." óCNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    My bad. It's seven and a half minutes.

It's a wonderful phantasm of utopian nonsense, a workers' paradise and more.

It's a world in which oil pipeline workers "in transition" are tearing up old pipelines and planting mangrove forests, "at the same salary and benefits." A world in which "Iliana" gets "restless" in her first post-college job restoring wetlands and "tries her hand for a while as a solar engineer." (Start at about the 5 minute mark; but every frame is similarly remarkable.)

Remarkably, for example, saving the planet happens to include other notable progressive planks, such as universal child care, Medicare for All ("the most popular social program in American history" 4:35 or so) and a federal jobs guarantee.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs. Works every time.

The animation continues. At about 6:40, solar engineer Iliana "heard the call" and in 2028 runs for Congress in the "first cycle of publicly funded election campaigns."

At about 7:05, in 2019 "All of this was still ahead of us, and the first big step is just closing our eyes and imagining it. We can be whatever we have the courage to see."

Remember The Life of Julia?

This is Julia on LSD.
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." óCNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    "We can't be what we can't see". White men appear to be written out of AOC's future.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    "We can't be what we can't see". White men appear to be written out of AOC's future.
    All the bad guys were white men in suits. See at 2:00 for example.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    All the bad guys were white men in suits. See at 2:00 for example.
    You're right. The white male board of directors of the oil companies (which is probably true, btw).
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    You're right. The white male board of directors of the oil companies (which is probably true, btw).
    People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.

~ James Baldwin

Last Online
    Today @ 2:39 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Three women and a token. The women are likely told by their husbands how to vote on the board.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

May I have the one on the far right please? Assuming, of course, she only holds that position in the photo.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    I happily stand corrected.
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post

May I have the one on the far right please? Assuming, of course, she only holds that position in the photo.
    I can't tell who is gay.

Can't they wear rainbow lapel pins or something? How are we to know?