Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Find Out What Your Name Would Be if You Were Born Today

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Find Out What Your Name Would Be if You Were Born Today

The popularity of your name is likely far different today than it was the year you were born. Maybe you’re one of those men born in 1983 and named Michael, the most popular name of the year. Today, if you were given the most popular boy’s name, you’d be named Liam. The following interactive shows you which name had the same popularity in the past year and every decade since 1890 as yours did the year you were born, using newly released baby name data for 2018.

Interactive Link
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    My name today would be Alexa.

Both my first and middle name came from the past relatives of my father and mother. I googled for the most popular female name from my birth year and it was Mary. I would've liked that too since my mom's name was Marie.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

3. Likes phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ha. They couldn't come up with a name for me since they consider it too unusual. This is why I hated it growing up. I've made peace with it though.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Ha. They couldn't come up with a name for me since they consider it too unusual. This is why I hated it growing up. I've made peace with it though.
    Did you use the link? I guessed your birth year, used your name and came up with a current name for you. How do you feel about the name Sophie?

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Did you use the link? I guessed your birth year, used your name and came up with a current name for you. How do you feel about the name Sophie?
    Hmm...I did but was on my phone. I did it again and came up with Julia!
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Hmm...I did but was on my phone. I did it again and came up with Julia!
    That's a nice name too. I like the name Alexa...just wouldn't want it for a name now.

Last Online
    Today @ 9:36 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alexa.

And I really was born today - well, on this date. While I find my actual name to be ridiculous and never use it aside from formal documents, Alexa sounds like an extremely unreliable and malicious software program or a serial killer sex robot (or both).

(Sorry, Michelle!)
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 8:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    As an aside, my name was supposed to be "Bruce". But my bitch of an aunt named her son Bruce a couple of weeks before I was born, after she had heard what my mom wanted to name me.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

10. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:39 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    As an aside, my name was supposed to be "Bruce". But my bitch of an aunt named her son Bruce a couple of weeks before I was born, after she had heard what my mom wanted to name me.

Mark
    They should have named you Brucer. And then the next family member born could be Brucest.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

12. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 2:39 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    How long can you tread water?

My name is Noah
    If it pays, it stays