Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Find Out What Your Name Would Be if You Were Born Today

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Be grateful to your aunt. My best friend in junior high was named "Bruce," and it was not a good thing to be named in our youth.
    Bruce is my husband's name. When he was growing up, the name was used to make fun of someone thought to be gay. While he was never got taunted, he knew about his name being used that way and he hated it.

I asked him why didn't he just adopt his middle name (Robert...should've been Robert Bruce) and he said because Bruce was his grandpa's name and he loved it.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

2. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Bruce is my husband's name. When he was growing up, the name was used to make fun of someone thought to be gay. While he was never got taunted, he knew about his name being used that way and he hated it.

I asked him why didn't he just adopt his middle name (Robert...should've been Robert Bruce) and he said because Bruce was his grandpa's name and he loved it.
    When I hear "Bruce," I think of one thing: Monty Python.

Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.

~ David Frum