Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Abused 12-Year-Old Alabama Girl Doesn’t Think She Can Handle Being A Mom On Top Of Everything Else

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:08 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marketing. Target the audience. Who watches. Not the "audience" who gets posters made.

Last Online
    Wednesday, May 22nd, 2019 @ 7:49 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Don't air something people won't like if you don't want to lose donors.
    Yeah, but this is PBS we're talking about. The liberal left-leaning taxpayer funded channel you people love to hate. Why wouldn't they show a cartoon with a gay wedding? They will probably lose more liberal donors than gain non-existent conservative donors who hate PBS and public TV to begin with.

It aired on MPB in Mississippi; it aired all over Georgia; it probably even aired in your Nashville market on whatever public station(s) you have. Hell, it even aired in Kentucky without issue. But Alabama is apparently "special" as in special ed, where gatekeepers know better than parents.

It doesn't really bother me that they didn't want to show it during the show's usual timeslot, but they could have at least aired it at 2 am for the prog parents to DVR it for later.

In this day and age, everyone can stream shows online, so it's a tempest in a teapot. But on the heels of the stupid abortion law whose sole purpose is to reach SCOTUS (where it will fail for being too aggressive, at least according to conservative scholars) it really paints my state in a poor light. The light of reality, but a poor light nonetheless.
    “When rich people hear that we want everyone to get equal access to healthcare, they naturally assume that means they’ll have to suffer the way we do, because they know that their extreme wealth depends fundamentally on our poverty.” ~ three08

Last Online
    Today @ 3:09 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yeah, but this is PBS we're talking about. The liberal left-leaning taxpayer funded channel you people love to hate. Why wouldn't they show a cartoon with a gay wedding?
    Because they don't want to lose donors, as I said.

Hint: it's the conservative people who have the money and are willing to donate to causes. This has been proven time and time again. Newsflash: my father, who literally campaigned for Nixon and every Republican since then (I actually have video of him campaigning for Nixon in 1960), who never misses a minute of Rush Limbaugh every day (to the point that he got on the podcast specifically so that he could keep up in freaking Portugal a few weeks ago), who rants routinely about the MSM and the undeniable Leftist bias that they hold, donates several hundred dollars per month to the local PBS station, more during telethons. Apparently he really liked Downton Abbey or something. Damned if I know why, but he does that a lot.

Someone, whoever that PBS director is in Alabama (got mentioned in the story, but I have no interest in going back to find the name), was smart enough to know that it would cost them a bunch of donors (possibly even corporate donors) if they aired this show about an aardvark marrying a koala bear or whatever the hell it was in this Richard Scary world of homoerotica. Far better from their standpoint to just keep the hell quiet about it and not piss people off.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Hint: it's the conservative people who have the money and are willing to donate to causes. This has been proven time and time again. Newsflash: my father, who literally campaigned for Nixon and every Republican since then (I actually have video of him campaigning for Nixon in 1960), who never misses a minute of Rush Limbaugh every day (to the point that he got on the podcast specifically so that he could keep up in freaking Portugal a few weeks ago), who rants routinely about the MSM and the undeniable Leftist bias that they hold, donates several hundred dollars per month to the local PBS station, more during telethons. Apparently he really liked Downton Abbey or something. Damned if I know why, but he does that a lot.

Someone, whoever that PBS director is in Alabama (got mentioned in the story, but I have no interest in going back to find the name), was smart enough to know that it would cost them a bunch of donors (possibly even corporate donors) if they aired this show about an aardvark marrying a koala bear or whatever the hell it was in this Richard Scary world of homoerotica. Far better from their standpoint to just keep the hell quiet about it and not piss people off.
    Funny. I had a friend like that. He didn't donate hundreds of dollars monthly to PBS, but he was a donor. He enjoyed a lot of the programming and appreciatively gave back. He was a believer in diversity of information.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Funny. I had a friend like that. He didn't donate hundreds of dollars monthly to PBS, but he was a donor. He enjoyed a lot of the programming and appreciatively gave back. He was a believer in diversity of information.
    We donate to PBS and have for years because we usually watch Masterpiece on Sunday's and want to support it. The rest of the programs? Eh, not so much. But we're not so sensitive that we care about some of the other programs that are liberally biased.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    We donate to PBS and have for years because we usually watch Masterpiece on Sunday's and want to support it. The rest of the programs? Eh, not so much. But we're not so sensitive that we care about some of the other programs that are liberally biased.
    I admit I don't watch it much. But if someone tells me about a particular show that they've found interesting, or if I happen across one, I don't refuse to watch it simply because they lean left. A few years ago a friend bought me the dvd on a piece they did on Italian immigrants in northeastern pa. It was very well done and I enjoyed it. I have seen quite a few history type programs of somewhat local interest on there that I've enjoyed. But I'm a little bit of a nerd. I've always watched Gettysburg battlefield guides giving talks on there that I've enjoyed.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.