Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 159

Thread: NPR's Guidance Reminder: On Abortion Procedures, Terminology & Rights

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:07 AM
    Posts
    10,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    They don't use "pro-choice" either.

    I don't get this. There are plenty of propaganda places for your affirmation you can listen to/read/watch. Why bag on NPR? Can we people who like accurate, unbiased information have a source? Does it all have to be propaganda all the time?
    What is propaganda? Does NPR ever use "illegal alien" or is it always "undocumented immigrant"?

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:07 AM
    Posts
    10,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Soros is a rightwing boogen. I am not required to froth at the mouth when his name is mentioned.
    You only do that with the Koch brothers.

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    What is propaganda?
    Definition of propaganda

    1 capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions

    2 : the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

    3 : ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause
    also : a public action having such an effect

    But that's from a dictionary so I know that makes it suspect around here.

    Does NPR ever use "illegal alien" or is it always "undocumented immigrant"?
    "Undocumented immigrant," as far as I know. I would prefer "deportable alien" or at least, "removeable alien." But no, they do not further the dehumanization efforts of those who call individuals "illegal."
    "[N]o one gives a shit about science and reality. I regularly get people telling me on the Twitter machine that liberals support murdering newborns. That's where the conversation on abortion is right now for too fucking many Americans. In other words, there is no conversation. When people wholeheartedly believe something that is completely, patently, blatantly untrue, your puny facts aren't going to put a dent in that level of delusional stupidity."

    ~ RP

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:07 AM
    Posts
    10,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Definition of propaganda

    1 capitalized : a congregation of the Roman curia having jurisdiction over missionary territories and related institutions

    2 : the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

    3 : ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause
    also : a public action having such an effect

    But that's from a dictionary so I know that makes it suspect around here.



    "Undocumented immigrant," as far as I know. I would prefer "deportable alien" or at least, "removeable alien." But no, they do not further the dehumanization efforts of those who call individuals "illegal."
    And there you have it. NPR leans left. Illegal alien is "more" correct than undocumented.

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    And there you have it. NPR leans left. Illegal alien is "more" correct than undocumented.

    Mark
    Oh shit. I took you seriously.

    Sorry about that, fellas.
    "[N]o one gives a shit about science and reality. I regularly get people telling me on the Twitter machine that liberals support murdering newborns. That's where the conversation on abortion is right now for too fucking many Americans. In other words, there is no conversation. When people wholeheartedly believe something that is completely, patently, blatantly untrue, your puny facts aren't going to put a dent in that level of delusional stupidity."

    ~ RP

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:07 AM
    Posts
    10,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Oh shit. I took you seriously.

    Sorry about that, fellas.
    Sorry if I upended your beliefs.

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    No, more like the propaganda of saying that babies don't become babies until they manage to leave the birth canal.
    No. They are very clear on the fact they feel the anti-abortion advocates wish to change the debate in their favor by calling the person in the womb a "baby" or the "unborn." They do not want to further that agenda. That is the opposite of engaging in biased propaganda.

    I personally agree with the notion that the best way to push back against abortion rights advocates is to overcome the dehumanizing in culture of the person in the womb. But the way to do that is not to whinge on about how NPR steadfastly refuses to stop calling a fetus a fetus; it is to get it through everyone's thick skull that a fetus is a human being and is just a different stage of development. Calling someone a fetus should be no different than calling someone a baby, an adolescent, or an adult other than being more specific about the human in question.
    "[N]o one gives a shit about science and reality. I regularly get people telling me on the Twitter machine that liberals support murdering newborns. That's where the conversation on abortion is right now for too fucking many Americans. In other words, there is no conversation. When people wholeheartedly believe something that is completely, patently, blatantly untrue, your puny facts aren't going to put a dent in that level of delusional stupidity."

    ~ RP

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:07 AM
    Posts
    10,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    No. They are very clear on the fact they feel the anti-abortion advocates wish to change the debate in their favor by calling the person in the womb a "baby" or the "unborn." They do not want to further that agenda. That is the opposite of engaging in biased propaganda.

    I personally agree with the notion that the best way to push back against abortion rights advocates is to overcome the dehumanizing in culture of the person in the womb. But the way to do that is not to whinge on about how NPR steadfastly refuses to stop calling a fetus a fetus; it is to get it through everyone's thick skull that a fetus is a human being and is just a different stage of development. Calling someone a fetus should be no different than calling someone a baby, an adolescent, or an adult other than being more specific about the human in question.
    Correct. So, why does the left and NPR continue to do so? A leftist slant, thats why.

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,004
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Correct. So, why does the left and NPR continue to do so? A leftist slant, thats why.

    Mark
    You are officially incoherent. Enjoy your evening.
    "[N]o one gives a shit about science and reality. I regularly get people telling me on the Twitter machine that liberals support murdering newborns. That's where the conversation on abortion is right now for too fucking many Americans. In other words, there is no conversation. When people wholeheartedly believe something that is completely, patently, blatantly untrue, your puny facts aren't going to put a dent in that level of delusional stupidity."

    ~ RP

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:07 AM
    Posts
    10,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    You are officially incoherent. Enjoy your evening.
    I just verbally boxed your ears in. Because of that, I will enjoy my evening.

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  11. Likes Gingersnap liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •