Thread: Couch Recovered

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Couch Recovered

Apparently, getting a couch recovered is not as popular as it once was.

The finished product:

couch_1_50.jpg
    Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.

~ David Frum

2. Likes Lanie, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:13 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's beautiful! Do you have a "before"?
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    It's beautiful! Do you have a "before"?
    Not like that. With dogs on it, maybe.
    Conservatives will always be with us. If conservatives become convinced that they can not win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.

~ David Frum

Last Online
    Today @ 3:44 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    Apparently, getting a couch recovered is not as popular as it once was.
    Yeah, I think that the upholstery business has sort of gone the same way as the farrier business: there are only a scant few left who do it, and it costs a LOT. I looked at having one re-covered about two years ago, and it literally would have cost twice as much as just buying another sofa of similar quality.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Yeah, I think that the upholstery business has sort of gone the same way as the farrier business: there are only a scant few left who do it, and it costs a LOT. I looked at having one re-covered about two years ago, and it literally would have cost twice as much as just buying another sofa of similar quality.
    It wasnít cheap but we like the couch and it was high end North Carolina made back in the day. It is the heaviest non-sleeper sofa Iíve ever lifted. Hickory and heavy springs under the cushions. Going to do the chairs next.

~ David Frum

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a great couch. You did the right thing.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    One of my nephews is a farrier and blacksmith.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    One of my nephews is a farrier and blacksmith.
    I don't know where your nephew lives but farriers make bank out here. You have to shoe those nags every two months. Earlier if they compete with anything. My farrier knows about my life than my doctor does.

Because I see that guy constantly.

When my niece was laid up and I took her classes, I had to shoe that nag every 6 weeks because of all the jumping. I hate jumping. The horse adored it.

I spent his entire stud fee in shoes.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I don't know where your nephew lives but farriers make bank out here. You have to shoe those nags every two months. Earlier if they compete with anything. My farrier knows about my life than my doctor does.

Because I see that guy constantly.

When my niece was laid up and I took her classes, I had to shoe that nag every 6 weeks because of all the jumping. I hate jumping. The horse adored it.

I spent his entire stud fee in shoes.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.
    People just don't know.

I dread summer because I use those nags for a bunch of stuff: parades, cross country, "fun" rides for kids, show some, yadda, yadda and they all need shoes every five minutes.

I keep saying I'll get out of horses. I did get out of Rangers and then bought Appys.

I'm an idiot.

12. Likes scott liked this post