Thread: Dow 40,000

Last Online
    Today @ 10:31 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Dow 40,000

Get your “Dow 40,000” hat orders in now.

That is, if you’re buying what our call of the day from Yves Lamoureux, president of macroeconomic research firm Lamoureux & Co., is selling. The stock forecaster, who correctly predicted a “panic event” in 2018, sees another big top coming for the Dow industrials, and says investors have roughly two years to hop on board.

“It will be what we call a ‘generational top’,” where the Dow will climb to 30,000 then 40,000 as an eventual high, but then plateau for a decade, Lamoureux told MarketWatch in an interview.

He says Fed Chairman Jerome Powell can be counted on to support stocks anytime they get in trouble, especially going into an election year where the economy needs to stay in tiptop shape. Powell appeared to do just that this week with hints of interest rate cuts, even if not everyone is convinced that move is coming.

“What I’m expecting...is another big move, in which people really go nuts. That's what’s kind of missing here,” Lamoureux said. “What separates me from everybody else is we study psychology, and what I find particularly odd now is there has been a very big flight of money out of stocks to bonds.”
    LINK
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    No, you do. Except when you go full frontal white supremacy. Then they just pretend you didnít say that. They do that with all their bigots except Lady Marva. That is probably because her racism is clumsy. But so is Markís but in a Trumpian acceptable way, I guess.

But you? You are rarely challenged here (other than by Bane) and even then, when Celeste forgets how much she loves her gun, it is exceedingly mild.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear it, especially since my 401K lost 6% of its total value in the past month.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

3. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Glad to hear it, especially since my 401K lost 6% of its total value in the past month.
    You didnít pick a big chunk of that back up this week? Iím up about 12% YTD.
    No, you do. Except when you go full frontal white supremacy. Then they just pretend you didnít say that. They do that with all their bigots except Lady Marva. That is probably because her racism is clumsy. But so is Markís but in a Trumpian acceptable way, I guess.

But you? You are rarely challenged here (other than by Bane) and even then, when Celeste forgets how much she loves her gun, it is exceedingly mild.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Timing sucks. I had to roll over from my former employer's plan, which is now being dissolved, to an IRA, which I had to establish, because my current employer's 401K doesn't accept rollovers. The old plan did the distribution at the low point and the check hasn't reached the IRA yet. Just my luck. Can't believe this chickenshit outfit doesn't do the whole thing electronically.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Timing sucks. I had to roll over from my former employer's plan, which is now being dissolved, to an IRA, which I had to establish, because my current employer's 401K doesn't accept rollovers. The old plan did the distribution at the low point and the check hasn't reached the IRA yet. Just my luck. Can't believe this chickenshit outfit doesn't do the whole thing electronically.
    That's weird! Why wouldn't they want the money? The more they manage, the more they make.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    That's weird! Why wouldn't they want the money? The more they manage, the more they make.
    No idea. Maybe because the old job was a private firm and the new job is government?

Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope time will be a palliative for both problems.

A lot of outfits make it hard to move your savings out. My 403-B took several years to move; my wife's TIAA-CREF still exists, as we transfer a bit away every year. I strongly suspect requiring paper checks is just another small annoyance meant to scrape a few more pennies from a small delay. We long ago decided this wasn't a do-it-yourself project, yet even so it taxes your patience.

But with time it's all OK. The trick is living forever, I think. Or maybe the trick is to die before your pieties are discredited; I haven't found out yet.

Likewise with the bad timing thing. I remember reading that in the long run, broad market timing matters very little. If you bought the week before the 1929 crash, you'd still be ok in a decade. Something like that. Perhaps the trick is not needing any money for ten years.

The bad timing always seemed to bite us when we bought a house, too, but again time erases that bruised feeling.

Of course this "reassurance" depends on many assumptions, including national peace and stability over time, a responsible personal lifestyle, within reason, and so on. We are the only major country that has never had to replace its currency. A coin from 1790 is still valid currency at a 7-11 today. (I've read that this is in part because the Great Depression re-set monetary values back about a century.)
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." óCNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.