Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Those whacky Vegans

Last Online
    Today @ 10:14 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Meh. A few years ago some of my neighbors saved the duck's eggs from a snake that was eating them. They killed the snake. I was okay with it. I get it, shouldn't interfere with nature. But we like the ducks. Although I like foi gras, and I'm not allowed to ever order it around them.
    No, I'm on the other side, and I frequently try to stop people, some I know pretty well, from killing snakes or spiders or big bugs....

Why do the whacky vegans of the opening post want to starve lions?

I agree with the exception made above for pets. In general we have more than enough problems balancing imbalances we have introduced.

Feral cats come to mind. Cute maybe, but they slaughter birds and small critters at a rate that would make Rachel Carson write a new book.
    “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff, explaining the Green New Deal for the hard of hearing.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:14 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    They look like dogs to me but that may be just the type of dogs we have.

We've gotten pretty close a few times while walking. We give them a wide berth. Although I haven't heard them in a while and the rabbit population seems to be expanding so they may have been trapped or killed. There were some blue hairs complaining about their pets disappearing.
    In NY I noticed over several years of early walks that the chipmunk population specifically would go up, then I'd hear owls hooting for some months, and the chipmunk population would "vanish" so far as I could tell. So would the owls, then.
    “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff, explaining the Green New Deal for the hard of hearing.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Just to save you a major miscommunication in the future, "fat faith" isn't a thing. The thing to order is "foie gras."
    I kept looking at it thinking that it didn't look right, then got too lazy to look it up!
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Today @ 10:22 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I kept looking at it thinking that it didn't look right, then got too lazy to look it up!
    Jesus!! You will never make that mistake a second time with the Grammar Nazi here.
    If it pays, it stays

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    No, I'm on the other side, and I frequently try to stop people, some I know pretty well, from killing snakes or spiders or big bugs....

Why do the whacky vegans of the opening post want to starve lions?

I agree with the exception made above for pets. In general we have more than enough problems balancing imbalances we have introduced.

Feral cats come to mind. Cute maybe, but they slaughter birds and small critters at a rate that would make Rachel Carson write a new book.
    Generally I don't kill animals, including bugs or spiders, etc. If I find them in my house I will take them outside. Except for the stink bugs. Those suckers get killed by a flush by me. I hate them!
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    Jesus!! You will never make that mistake a second time with the Grammar Nazi here.
    She's useful, though. I sometimes delete a post because I'm concerned I've made a grammatical error that I just don't feel like trying to correct and I know she'll catch me on it. She keeps me on my toes!
    Last edited by phillygirl; Friday, June 7th, 2019 at 10:08 PM. Reason: I should just delete it...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:11 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just to save you a major miscommunication in the future, "fat faith" isn't a thing. The thing to order is "foie gras."
    Well, eating mashed duck liver with liquefied duck fat really does take a certain amount of faith these days.

"Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    That wasn't the Grammar Nazi. That was the French Major.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    That wasn't the Grammar Nazi. That was the French Major.
    I had a French major once... and a corporal, an ensign....
    I'm thinking that once, in 1953, a group of interesting people just happened to be in a coffee shop at the same time and a great discussion of issues, ideas, and the meaning of life occurred. Since then we have been waiting at Starbucks for Lawrence Ferlinghetti to say something heavy.

10. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 9:59 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fake News?

Though not hard to believe. There are plenty of youtube videos of vacationers in Africa and here in Alaska showing nature's tooth and claw interactions and you can hear people in the background pleading the the guide to "do something".
    I have witnessed this first hand.

Cruising through Glacier Bay, marveling at the staggeringly beautiful blue water and the icebergs calving off of the beautiful blue glaciers, I was standing with probably forty other people on the stern and we saw a couple of bears nervously skitter away from the shoreline, and then we noticed the eagle swooping in from above. The eagle snatched one of the myriad seagulls out of the sky and dove probably 100 feet, right down onto a nearby passing iceberg, whereupon the eagle set about shredding the seagull, holding it down in his talons and ripping the gull piece by piece with his beak. The loser in that contest made a few brief screams of horror, clearly audible as the sound echoed off of the glaciers.

One woman punctured the silence as she shouted out "isn't someone going to do something to save that poor bird?!"

Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

12. Likes Gingersnap liked this post