Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 66

Thread: Agreement reached between Mexico and US averting tariffs

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:55 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    13,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Sure. There could alternate concepts of the right to bear arms, too, unconnected to the second amendment. But when the chief executive of the federal government mentions the right to bear arms in a public pronouncement on a platform that he uses for official statements, the assumption is that he's referring to the government's codified concept of it.
    No, it's not. That's just absurd.

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    If he's referring to some personal code, he should use a different name for it, or make it clear that he's not referring to the official government concept.
    Yeah, sure. It's not like it takes considerably more effort to write out "freedom of speech" as compared to "1st Amendment" or even "#1A."

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    And if he's referring to some personal code, why would he think it would sway a for-profit corporation? A for-profit corporation exists to maximize profit, full stop. They are constrained by law in their quest for profit. They are not constrained by the personal code of a philanderer.
    And, there it is. All of this bullshit pretzeling by you is just another case of "orange man bad."


    TDSribbon.jpg
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:44 PM
    Posts
    12,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, no! Somebody dissed Dear Leader! Triggered!

    Priebus recalled that McGahn said that the President had asked him to "do crazy shit," but he thought McGahn did not tell him the specifics of the President's request because McGahn was trying to protect Priebus from what he did not need to know.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:55 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    13,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Oh, no! Somebody dissed Dear Leader! Triggered!
    Sorry about your butthurt over being, yet again, proven woefully wrong.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    That has to be your best so far Adam. Kellyanne has nothing on you.
    "[N]o one gives a shit about science and reality. I regularly get people telling me on the Twitter machine that liberals support murdering newborns. That's where the conversation on abortion is right now for too fucking many Americans. In other words, there is no conversation. When people wholeheartedly believe something that is completely, patently, blatantly untrue, your puny facts aren't going to put a dent in that level of delusional stupidity."

    ~ RP

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:55 PM
    Location
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Posts
    13,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    That has to be your best so far Adam. Kellyanne has nothing on you.
    I get that Norm called you in for an assist on his ridiculous pretzeling, but it's still the case that both you and he are completely full of shit on this one and you're just desperately trying to find something about the bad orange man to be angry about.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
    Last Online
    @
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    13,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    I get that Norm called you in for an assist on his ridiculous pretzeling, but it's still the case that both you and he are completely full of shit on this one and you're just desperately trying to find something about the bad orange man to be angry about.
    Whatever gets you through the day, dude.
    "[N]o one gives a shit about science and reality. I regularly get people telling me on the Twitter machine that liberals support murdering newborns. That's where the conversation on abortion is right now for too fucking many Americans. In other words, there is no conversation. When people wholeheartedly believe something that is completely, patently, blatantly untrue, your puny facts aren't going to put a dent in that level of delusional stupidity."

    ~ RP

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Saturday, January 3rd, 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 7:42 PM
    Posts
    10,800
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Meaning JFK? Or Roosevelt?
    We have a winner!!

    Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

    "Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

    Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

    Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:44 PM
    Posts
    12,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    No, it's not. That's just absurd.

    Yeah, sure. It's not like it takes considerably more effort to write out "freedom of speech" as compared to "1st Amendment" or even "#1A."

    And, there it is. All of this bullshit pretzeling by you is just another case of "orange man bad."


    TDSribbon.jpg
    It's cute that you guys have support ribbons for Dear Leader. It's too bad you vapor locked on me calling Dear Leader a philanderer (he is, you know) and had to settle on closing your argument with a selection from Adam's shallow bag of intemperate adjectives. I mean, there's another way you could've gone.

    Yes, Trump is the head of the federal government executive branch. And, yes, he has used his Twitter account in that capacity. And yes, when POTUS speaks of freedom of speech (however randomly capitalized) the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution is going to loom large in that context. But, you could have argued that, in addition to being POTUS, Trump is also a Twitter star. He's got a shit ton of followers. He could be issuing a warning to Twitter not as a POTUS, but as a Twitter celeb. He could be saying "Watch out, Twitter, because I could always close this account and post my shit on Gab."

    He wouldn't do that in reality, but you could make a plausible argument. More plausible than "that's absurd" at any rate. He wouldn't do that in reality because it's a risk he wouldn't take. If Twitter called his bluff, then he'd have to shed all those followers or else admit he was bluffing. So he's not going to leverage his Twitter celebrity. To put it in terms the derpservatives might appreciate, he needs Twitter more than they need him.

    Priebus recalled that McGahn said that the President had asked him to "do crazy shit," but he thought McGahn did not tell him the specifics of the President's request because McGahn was trying to protect Priebus from what he did not need to know.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 1st, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 7:08 PM
    Posts
    10,101
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    It's cute that you guys have support ribbons for Dear Leader. It's too bad you vapor locked on me calling Dear Leader a philanderer (he is, you know) and had to settle on closing your argument with a selection from Adam's shallow bag of intemperate adjectives. I mean, there's another way you could've gone.

    Yes, Trump is the head of the federal government executive branch. And, yes, he has used his Twitter account in that capacity. And yes, when POTUS speaks of freedom of speech (however randomly capitalized) the first amendment of the U.S. Constitution is going to loom large in that context. But, you could have argued that, in addition to being POTUS, Trump is also a Twitter star. He's got a shit ton of followers. He could be issuing a warning to Twitter not as a POTUS, but as a Twitter celeb. He could be saying "Watch out, Twitter, because I could always close this account and post my shit on Gab."

    He wouldn't do that in reality, but you could make a plausible argument. More plausible than "that's absurd" at any rate. He wouldn't do that in reality because it's a risk he wouldn't take. If Twitter called his bluff, then he'd have to shed all those followers or else admit he was bluffing. So he's not going to leverage his Twitter celebrity. To put it in terms the derpservatives might appreciate, he needs Twitter more than they need him.
    Do you feel better after speaking truth to power?

    Are you really this feckless?
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

    link

    Time will tell.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 8:44 PM
    Posts
    12,480
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Do you feel better after speaking truth to power?

    Are you really this feckless?
    What power? I'm just talking to people here. You can tell because I posted it here.

    Priebus recalled that McGahn said that the President had asked him to "do crazy shit," but he thought McGahn did not tell him the specifics of the President's request because McGahn was trying to protect Priebus from what he did not need to know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •