Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One country, one flag

Last Online
    Wednesday, June 12th, 2019 @ 10:29 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostbit View Post
    What's the source of this information?
    Stated White House policy. Not sure if there is a press release on it, but Trump has stated repeatedly that he wants criminalization of homosexuality done away with in many countries. IMO, it's most specifically a swipe at Iran for throwing gay people off of buildings, but regardless of the geopolitical implications, it's stated policy.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Today @ 5:22 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Stated White House policy. Not sure if there is a press release on it, but Trump has stated repeatedly that he wants criminalization of homosexuality done away with in many countries. IMO, it's most specifically a swipe at Iran for throwing gay people off of buildings, but regardless of the geopolitical implications, it's stated policy.
    Wow, pretty bold move for a Republican. I would think the Democrat party would appreciate this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    No, you do. Except when you go full frontal white supremacy. Then they just pretend you didn’t say that. They do that with all their bigots except Lady Marva. That is probably because her racism is clumsy. But so is Mark’s but in a Trumpian acceptable way, I guess.

But you? You are rarely challenged here (other than by Bane) and even then, when Celeste forgets how much she loves her gun, it is exceedingly mild.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, pretty bold move for a Republican. I would think the Democrat party would appreciate this.
    Don't be ridiculous. Trump wants gay people rounded up and put into concentration camps where he can electrocute them into not being gay. I know this because twitter and MSDNC said so.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Today @ 7:42 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    And now, I read that some embassies are defying Trump. If I were him I'd fire every one of them.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I'll start typing "Don't quote me, but..." and save you the trouble.

Of course that also means I can slip quietly into my invisible persona and type withimpunity things with grammer errers and tpyos and frankly not give a damm! And Celeste can't stop me !!!1! BWAHAHAHA!!!!
    Hahaha! When you try to be clever, see what happens!
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    LMAO!

Last Online
    Thursday, June 13th, 2019 @ 10:14 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Their feelings are hurt because he doesn't want to involve groups such as GLAAD with his mission. I think he might know what he's doing on this one, but that's just me.

Plus, Democrats want the credit.

Here's one source, but it might be fake news being the liberal NBC. lol.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/nat...uality-n973081

BERLIN — The Trump administration is launching a global campaign to end the criminalization of homosexuality in dozens of nations where it's still illegal to be gay, U.S. officials tell NBC News, a bid aimed in part at denouncing Iran over its human rights record.

U.S. Ambassador to Germany Richard Grenell, the highest-profile openly gay person in the Trump administration, is leading the effort, which kicks off Tuesday evening in Berlin. The U.S. embassy is flying in LGBT activists from across Europe for a strategy dinner to plan to push for decriminalization in places that still outlaw homosexuality — mostly concentrated in the Middle East, Africa and the Caribbean.

“It is concerning that, in the 21st century, some 70 countries continue to have laws that criminalize LGBTI status or conduct,” said a U.S. official involved in organizing the event.

Great. Now, I have to find out what the I stands for.

Here is more about why liberals are skeptical.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps...ith-skepticism

“Donald Trump and Mike Pence have turned a blind eye to a campaign of violence and murder targeting LGBTQ people in Chechnya that has stretched on for two years,” said Kadden. “They have turned away LGBTQ people fleeing violence and persecution and sent them back to countries that criminalize them, and have consistently worked to undermine the fundamental equality of LGBTQ people and our families here at home from day one.”

I keep thinking that Trump has pushed so hard to keep anybody fleeing from entering this country, so LGBTQ is no different. How many Christians are being turned away at the border? So, this doesn't make me think he's being anti-gay.

Most notably, President Trump has largely stood by Saudi Arabia even in the face of the 2018 killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi, despite widespread condemnation from Republican senators. (Trump has also praised other leaders of countries in which LGBT people can be subject to severe penalties, like Egypt, as NBC News noted.)
    Okay. He does have some explaining to do there.

Last Online
    Thursday, June 13th, 2019 @ 10:14 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Don't be ridiculous. Trump wants gay people rounded up and put into concentration camps where he can electrocute them into not being gay. I know this because twitter and MSDNC said so.
    You're confusing Trump with Pence. j/k

Besides, Republicans are too cheap to pay for any gay person's shock therapy. lol.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:17 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Fie on you! The system ratted me out.

Oh well. Nothing lasts forever, but it was good for one brief moment, typing with my elbows and laughing like a drunken pirate.

I almost forgot the pirate part.
    Last edited by Newman; Monday, June 10th, 2019 at 9:17 PM.
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:17 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    And now, I read that some embassies are defying Trump. If I were him I'd fire every one of them.

Mark
    I've seen that "defying" theme promoting elsewhere this evening, but I believe it's not true. I think it has all been spun from the inaccurate reports I dissected near the beginning of this thread.

The directive doesn't prohibit other displays of the Pride flag and colors; it only bars running both flags up the same flag pole. The picture of the two flags together (see the very first post, top) was in Austria and taken before the directive was issued.

If you bump into a link that proves otherwise, I'd like to know about it.
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.