Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What's that one thing that might get you to flip?

Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Tom:

Did you come up with that yourself? Very clever.
    Once in a blue moon I have moments of lucidity.
    Elect a clown expect a circus.

Last Online
    Today @ 9:21 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I celebrated Flag Day instead, an equally forgotten occasion, I fear. But I played at an assisted living residence (piano & vce); we wore red, white and blue and so on. Happy Hour was good, too, as you'll see here.

I totally forgot about James Hodgkinson. It annoys me that I do remember his name.

It annoys me that I feel I have to remember such crap. And these days every breaking news story seems to come with a new crew of miscreants, all with ridiculously hard names to learn to pronounce and spell, much less remember. Do you have any idea how many times I've looked up Ismaaiyl Abdullah Brinsley?

What happened to good old American names for psychopaths, like Jesse James?!

There was an old talk radio host, now long deceased, named Bob Grant. He was an old crabmuffin, a "get off my lawn" type, but he had an eidetic memory for detail, second only to my wife. ("What did your husband screw up in, say, 1979?" "What day?" she'll reply.) Grant was canned for chortling at a joke about the death of a Commerce Secretary, but maybe he was just happy to have a good old American name for a bad guy, Ron Brown, and he couldn't contain himself.

No Tsarnaev or Tamerlan!

Bring back Tim (McVeigh), Lee (Oswald), Jack (Ruby), Charles (Whitman, the TX Tower shooter), Ted (the Unibomber), David (Son of Sam), John (Gacey, child killer), even Al (Capone) and Billy (the Kid).

No more "call me Ismaaiyl."
    I don't care if people have absurd American/foreign names, it's basically stupid but whatever floats your boat. In Sweden, my American first name made no sense at all and was considered difficult to pronounce (it isn't). I instantly converted my middle name into the Swedish equivalent and my years old nickname into the same.

To this day, my relatives probably have no idea of my legal name. They are still kind of perplexed and vaguely ticked off that I married a full-blooded genetic Norwegian.

Honestly, who does this?
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Friday, June 21st, 2019 @ 10:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Newman,

I have to be honest. Outside of the fact that I don't think that would economically work, I don't see the problem with Bernie's idea.

With that being said, he's way too much against Israel's right to defend itself and weak on national security. I've been on Trump's side when it comes to Iran and ISIS. I can't see Bernie doing what needs to be done.

If he wins the primary, I might flip. It really depends on how much I want to make the environment an issue. Some scientists say if we don't turn things around in the next 12 years, then it really is the end of the world. Meanwhile, Trump wants to turn back the clock.

I just hope Bernie is not the nominee.