Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What's that one thing that might get you to flip?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 6:57 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flip? Good question. My union backs the Democrats. Period. And it does so because they mistakenly believe that they back the working man.

I know many of my fellow union members who actually believe the same things I do. They are for gun rights, against abortion, etc., but the one thing that seems the most important to them, above all else, is protecting their jobs.

Idiots.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, somewhere baggy there, I started a thread on objective success for the Trump administration.

If Trump has succeeded by those measures next year, then he will have my vote, no matter how much is sickens me.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:45 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    Well, somewhere baggy there, I started a thread on objective success for the Trump administration.

If Trump has succeeded by those measures next year, then he will have my vote, no matter how much is sickens me.
    http://www.notpolitical.info/forums/...fiable-results
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

4. Thanks Newman thanked for this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you.

Based on your criteria, is he succeeding?

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:02 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Really? I doubt there is a dimes worth of difference between the Democratic candidates. Besides, she is talking about positions, not people.

Mark
    I've been interested to learn, supposing that Trump loses next year, what Democratic candidate folks think did the deed and why. I haven't been hearing any resolute answers, even given the polls highly touted just now showing everybody and their sisters and their cousins and their aunts trouncing Trump.

It's too early. None of the Dems has yet been awarded the aura of possibility yet. It will come, I'm sure. But if their boat continues to take on water, we may see several more candidates jump in, such as Stacey Abrams and Hillary Clinton.

At this stage four years ago Trump was expected to collapse. Any day now. At the time I supported Rubio, and later Cruz. I never thought Trump would win. Not till about 1 a.m. November 8, 2016 (Wednesday).

My favorite video is still Ann Coulter's prediction on the Bill Maher show. The first minute of so is still prescient in many ways (re Romney and Sanders, e.g.):

Perhaps what we should take now from the Coulter tape is that 2020 may be equally astonishing.

(I hope the hell not, btw.)
    “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff, explaining the Green New Deal for the hard of hearing.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:02 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    You're pretty sure you know who to vote for in 2020, right? What is the one thing that might get you to turn around and vote for the other candidate?
    Almost nothing at this point, barring some health crisis or assassination that kills the president. Either is possible. In which case Pence will probably be the LBJ of the day. I'd like him to convince Nikki Haley to run with him.

Were I to have to choose among the announced Democratic candidates now, I'd probably go with Amy Klobuchar.

I do believe 2020 will see a serious assassination attempt on the president. I believe the venomous howls of the Democratic opposition will only intensify, and I believe words get results: If you chant "What do we want? Dead cops!" you're likely to get some, and if should-be-responsible Democrats are going to say things like Biden just did, that "I believe Trump is an existential threat to the country," you're likely to get a patriotic hero trying to take him out.
    “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff, explaining the Green New Deal for the hard of hearing.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:26 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can vote for a Democrat. Heavily secure border, nationwide shall issue, and single payer healthcare and I'm onboard. Obviously, if it's Elizabeth Warren or any other Capitol Hill lifer making these promises I am less likely to believe them.

Beto O'Roarke could promise me anything and I still wouldn't vote for him. He's an entitled asshole.
    I could vote for Bernie Sanders because he's not so senile as to believe thathis true objectives will be achieved in his lifetime.
    Besides, by 2020, especially if RGB has the courtesy to depart this world, the USSC will be strong enough to protect the Constitution.
    I'm thinking that once, in 1953, a group of interesting people just happened to be in a coffee shop at the same time and a great discussion of issues, ideas, and the meaning of life occurred. Since then we have been waiting at Starbucks for Lawrence Ferlinghetti to say something heavy.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:45 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    Thank you.

Based on your criteria, is he succeeding?
    Partially. Definitely not on debt.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I've been interested to learn, supposing that Trump loses next year, what Democratic candidate folks think did the deed and why. I haven't been hearing any resolute answers, even given the polls highly touted just now showing everybody and their sisters and their cousins and their aunts trouncing Trump.

It's too early. None of the Dems has yet been awarded the aura of possibility yet. It will come, I'm sure. But if their boat continues to take on water, we may see several more candidates jump in, such as Stacey Abrams and Hillary Clinton.

At this stage four years ago Trump was expected to collapse. Any day now. At the time I supported Rubio, and later Cruz. I never thought Trump would win. Not till about 1 a.m. November 8, 2016 (Wednesday).

My favorite video is still Ann Coulter's prediction on the Bill Maher show. The first minute of so is still prescient in many ways (re Romney and Sanders, e.g.):

Perhaps what we should take now from the Coulter tape is that 2020 may be equally astonishing.

(I hope the hell not, btw.)
    Gotta hand it to Coulter, she had huge balls declaring that on TV.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Partially. Definitely not on debt.
    No president will ever again tame the debt. Without the freebies, you won't get elected. This country is doomed.

Mark