Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pennsylvanians, Speak Up!

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like there is an allegory in there about us being able to land a man on the moon 50 years ago but unable to quote each other on a message board in this day and age. Where have you gone, Steve Jobs...

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondo View Post
    I feel like we have to go there now. How many people have a photo of themselves at Wheatland? 2? 3 maybe?

ETA: Hmmmm, I hit reply to Norm's post but it didn't repost his stuff. Odd.
    There are actually some decent hotels there. Of course, Gettysburg is always a good option. If you're going to be there a couple of days I would say spend one night in Lancaster and another night in Gettysburg. If you really wanted a nice night somewhere, head out to Bedford Springs and then check out the 9/11 memorial in Shanksville, if you haven't been there yet. It's worth the trip, regardless of where you stay, you should stop there either on your way out or back (assuming you're driving).
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    There are actually some decent hotels there. Of course, Gettysburg is always a good option. If you're going to be there a couple of days I would say spend one night in Lancaster and another night in Gettysburg. If you really wanted a nice night somewhere, head out to Bedford Springs and then check out the 9/11 memorial in Shanksville, if you haven't been there yet. It's worth the trip, regardless of where you stay, you should stop there either on your way out or back (assuming you're driving).

After discussing it we will just had back to his place each night. Itís less than an hour drive, he said. Lancaster is the birthplace of John Reynolds, and he was taken there and buried after the battle, so we may try to see his grave (probably not, but it is something available to do). I think Dick Winters also lived in that area, had a farm there I believe, so there might be something for him too.

Gettysburg will probably be the default if the convention is lame. I havenít been back there in years so I am definitely due. Antietam as well.