Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Federal agency recommends that Kellyanne Conway be removed from service

Last Online
    Today @ 7:01 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Ok, a Troll.

Got it.
    Robert Francis O'Rourke, Democrat, White guy, spent ~78 million to defeat, Ted Cruz, Republican immigrant Dark guy
    and lost
    But the Republicans are racist.

Last Online
    Today @ 5:02 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Again, one time with an apology and no repeat is dissimilar from repeated and unrepentant violations.
    Actually, that makes them similar. Some Hatch Act violations are okay by you.

If one employee shows up late one time and says, "Sorry, boss, it won't happen again" and it doesn't, should that employee be fired?
    That of course depends on the job. However, these are not violations of private employment policies. These are violations of the law. Also known as crimes.

If another employee shows up late dozens of times, and when confronted says, "So what? You don't control me. I'll show up when I want." should that employee be fired?
    Again, it depends on the job. I was in a similar situation and my supervisor always got onto me for coming in late to avoid his bullshit Monday staff meetings where he read the reports on maintenance, code migration, and compile statuses (key for active coders to order QC to start testing their work). He wrote me up and submitted it to his supervisor who quickly gave me an exemption and an official late start time for Monday mornings because I was the one who wrote the reports late Sunday nights so there was no need for me to rush in Monday morning to hear my own report read to me.

Are those situations dissimilar? All are showing up late.
    Since a similarity exists, those situations are similar.

dissimilar

[ dih-sim-uh-ler, dis-sim- ]

adjective
    not similar; unlike; different.

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/dissimilar
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:53 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you would treat those two employees the same. No proposition too dubious for you to embrace if it means supporting Dear Leader.

Priebus recalled that McGahn said that the President had asked him to "do crazy shit," but he thought McGahn did not tell him the specifics of the President's request because McGahn was trying to protect Priebus from what he did not need to know.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Actually, that makes them similar. Some Hatch Act violations are okay by you.
    In my world, there is a lot of space between "bad enough to be fired" and "okay". I don't think Castro's and Sebelius' offenses were bad enough to be fired. Neither did the Office of Special Counsel. But they were not okay.
    Last edited by Norm dePlume; Monday, June 17th, 2019 at 8:08 PM.

Priebus recalled that McGahn said that the President had asked him to "do crazy shit," but he thought McGahn did not tell him the specifics of the President's request because McGahn was trying to protect Priebus from what he did not need to know.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:05 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    If she violated it, she violated it. Isn't is eventually up to a president to keep or fire an employee?

Btw, did you wring your hands over Obama appointees who violated the Hatch Act? Any of the liberals on here speak out against them?
    Is anyone here defending her yet?

I just don't give a shit now nor did I during the last administration when Julian Castro and Kathleen Sebelius violated the Hatch Act. Why were you silent?
    I wasn't even aware that Castro or Sebelius had violated the Hatch Act and had to look it up online to see what you were talking about. No one ever posted about it here as far as I can tell. The only thread that came up with their names and Hatch was this one.

Considering the nature of their violations, they should have been punished in some way. A reprimand or something. First time violations over very minor things are probably not termination worthy.

Conway, on the other hand, has had multiple instances of violating the Act and has struck a defiant tone when the violations were brought to light. She at least ought to be reprimanded by Trump, or suspended, if not outright fired. Had she not been so recalcitrant, I'd have been willing to give her a pass.

While looking at info on this story, I see that five other Trump officials have been accused of violating Hatch. This administration continues to set an impossibly low bar for conduct.
    Elect a clown expect a circus.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    So you would treat those two employees the same. No proposition too dubious for you to embrace if it means supporting Dear Leader.
    I didn't say that.

If either of them broke the law I would contact law enforcement though.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:45 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are ALWAYS ways to claim differences when a boss wants to fire an employee.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't say that.

If either of them broke the law I would contact law enforcement though.
    I said that having a different reaction to dissimilar situations is not a double standard. And you claim they are not dissimilar. So if you treat them differently, wouldn't that be a double standard in your judgement?

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said that having a different reaction to dissimilar situations is not a double standard. And you claim they are not dissimilar. So if you treat them differently, wouldn't that be a double standard in your judgement?
    If they broke the law I would not give them a pass and I would contact law enforcement.

The situations are similar.

link

Time will tell.