Thread: Iran just made one of its riskiest announcements in years

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 1:02 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    What actions were being hidden?

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/27/w...agreement.html

Were they increasing their LEU stockpile in 2016?
    Nice framing. You sure put a lot of trust in Iran being honest which is why you want to close the parameters.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/27/w...agreement.html

Nice framing. You sure put a lot of trust in Iran being honest which is why you want to close the parameters.
    Even if you take Netanyahu's claims at face value, he is describing a storage facility. A secret archive, not "hidden actions."

And Iran increasing their LEU stockpile is the story here. It's not "framing". They are increasing their stockpile, and they weren't before. That is a development directly attributable to the U.S. pulling out of the agreement (and then threatening European countries to cut off trade with Iran). Now, maybe there is some positive development that balances that out. Or maybe not. There is some other war ratcheting going on, with oil tankers being damaged by mines, and a drone getting shot down by an Iranian missile. So, if you have some evidence that "it is going well" I think we'd all love to see it. But in any case, Iran building up it's LEU stockpile is a development worth noting. And I'm not trusting Iran to be honest. I'm getting that from the IAEA (who you don't believe either).

Priebus recalled that McGahn said that the President had asked him to "do crazy shit," but he thought McGahn did not tell him the specifics of the President's request because McGahn was trying to protect Priebus from what he did not need to know.

3. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Even if you take Netanyahu's claims at face value, he is describing a storage facility. A secret archive, not "hidden actions."

And Iran increasing their LEU stockpile is the story here. It's not "framing". They are increasing their stockpile, and they weren't before. That is a development directly attributable to the U.S. pulling out of the agreement (and then threatening European countries to cut off trade with Iran). Now, maybe there is some positive development that balances that out. Or maybe not. There is some other war ratcheting going on, with oil tankers being damaged by mines, and a drone getting shot down by an Iranian missile. So, if you have some evidence that "it is going well" I think we'd all love to see it. But in any case, Iran building up it's LEU stockpile is a development worth noting. And I'm not trusting Iran to be honest. I'm getting that from the IAEA (who you don't believe either).
    The deal put them at least a year out. They are still there.

But that stockpile number is a signpost. It was meant to give diplomats time when crossed. But time is now shrinking where before it was static. Iran is answering the United States’ reneging on our agreement.
    Once malice is embraced as a virtue, it is impossible to contain.

~ Adam Serwer

Last Online
    Today @ 3:21 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do you think Iran building up a larger stockpile of low enriched uranium is a good thing?
    Actually, that 's not much of a problem. LEU can only be used for reactors. It's when they start further enriching it that there is a problem.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    Actually, that 's not much of a problem. LEU can only be used for reactors. It's when they start further enriching it that there is a problem.
    That's true. Like Billy said, they are shortening the breakout time.

Priebus recalled that McGahn said that the President had asked him to "do crazy shit," but he thought McGahn did not tell him the specifics of the President's request because McGahn was trying to protect Priebus from what he did not need to know.

Last Online
    Today @ 3:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    The farce is thinking the failed deal did anything to deter Iran at all.
    There is no credible evidence that Iran was stockpiling any prohibited materials, so they were deterred… "until dickless here shut off the containment unit."

Trump owns this, and if we wind up in a war with Iran, it'll be on his watch. I don't think he wants war but Bolton would drop the bombs like yesterday if he had the ability.

Now, having said that, this information from Iran is the geopolitical equivalent of "but you made me hit you" and is completely foolhardy on their part, especially coming on the heels of the oil tanker bombings in the strait of Hormuz.
    Elect a clown — expect a circus.

8. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. That's some serious logomarchy. So the "action" of building a secret storage facility is not "hidden" in your opinion?

Of course I don't believe the IAEA. The UN is extremely corrupt.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. That's some serious logomarchy. So the "action" of building a secret storage facility is not "hidden" in your opinion?
    What makes you think it's newly built?

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    What makes you think it's newly built?
    I never said it was "newly built." Stop putting words in my mouth. Isn't that one of the things you accuse others of doing?

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    I never said it was "newly built." Stop putting words in my mouth. Isn't that one of the things you accuse others of doing?
    You said this:

If it's from before the JCPOA and it's just been sitting there existing, that's hardly an "action".