Thread: My new favorite Candi

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

My new favorite Candi

In the Daily Wire; the Councilwoman does not literally use the word communism:

New Denver City Council Member: I Will Usher In Communism ‘By Any Means Necessary’
    [Denver City Council member Candi] CdeBaca, who won in an upset runoff election earlier this month, said in late March during a candidate forum for City Council District 9:

I don’t believe our current economic system actually works. Um, capitalism by design is extractive and in order to generate profit in a capitalist system, something has to be exploited, that’s land, labor or resources.

And I think that we’re in late phase capitalism and we know it doesn’t work and we have to move into something new. And I believe in community ownership of land, labor, resources, and distribution of those resources.

And so, whatever that morphs into I think is what will serve community the best and I’m excited to usher it in by any means necessary.

She doesn't use the word communist, but she knows it. The way the ideology trips off her tongue, land- labor-resources, the "extractive" "late phase" capitalist system, yada yada—oh yeah, she's marinated.

Good luck, Denver.

And who said if you legalized pot in CO nothing would get crazy? Did somebody say that?

Compare:

1965, The Strangeloves:

2014, Boston University graduates in Colorado, maybe:

Most people weren't even alive in '65! ( ) And they certainly never smoked pot! Or at least, not enough pot.
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:10 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not completely relevant to the thread but the craziest person I ever actually encountered was also Ce De Baca. That is how he spelled it because he was part of an influential and very old land grant family in Southern Colorado.

I had to draw his blood weekly back in the Dark Ages because he was on virtually every anti-psychotic then known. I found him charming and gracious, always courtly but with a sly sense of humor that you had to be smart to "get" - he was extremely well read in two languages.

He also had to be restrained by two large male orderlies in a dedicated chair with leather straps (back then) when we did this dance. He was always pleasant with me but had previously bitten or attempted to bite others as well as speculating on their sexual habits at high volume and sometimes managing to partially eat tourniquets.

Good times.

/Threadjack off.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 3:07 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    “I don’t believe our current economic system actually works. Um, capitalism by design is extractive and in order to generate profit in a capitalist system, something has to be exploited, that’s land, labor or resources.”

I fail to see what's inaccurate about that statement, at least in isolation.

I'm certain she fails to realize that communism also equally exploitative, though..

What exact damage can a self-professed anticapitalist have on a city council seat, anyway?
    Elect a clown — expect a circus.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    To say "exploited" is synonymous with "used" is one thing. "Extractive" is wrong, and it's meant to cover the idea that wealth is "stolen" from the worker, yada yada, which is exactly what the distributive ideologies do. Their objective is to be more righteous about it, of course. Evil capitalists steal for themselves; holy communists give to the poor.

Truth is, capitalism creates wealth.
    Last edited by Newman; Tuesday, June 18th, 2019 at 5:32 AM.
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Try Market Georgism.
    Once malice is embraced as a virtue, it is impossible to contain.

~ Adam Serwer

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 @ 7:50 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Soooooooooooooooooo…………...……………… will Denver voters be stupid enough...…………………………….
    Can one take snow from one person and "gift" it another more deserving of that snow? Probably be called "social justice"...……….

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lady Marva:

Soooooooooooooooooo…………...……………… will Denver voters be stupid enough...…………………………….
    Can one take snow from one person and "gift" it another more deserving of that snow? Probably be called "social justice"...……….
    Yes and isn't a "gift" - they pay. Almost all our water is tremendous snow melt, some is aquifer water.

Many states could not do agriculture without us. The Sierras get a lot of snow but not usually on the level we get it. We get a lot.

If Colorado for some reason declined to sell, the West Coast and SW States would be in a world of hurt.

Our water law is as complex as astrophysics but WAY more punishing.

Last Online
    Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 @ 7:50 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Lady Marva:

Yes and isn't a "gift" - they pay. Almost all our water is tremendous snow melt, some is aquifer water.

Many states could not do agriculture without us. The Sierras get a lot of snow but not usually on the level we get it. We get a lot.

If Colorado for some reason declined to sell, the West Coast and SW States would be in a world of hurt.

dang ameccee…...…...….. they come and shovel it off the driveway to give to the poor waterless? Hooha!

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Lady Marva:

...not to mention the swimming pools that need to be filled.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    ...not to mention the swimming pools that need to be filled.
    No kidding. My pool is doing it's annual cleaning/maintenance thing this week. The fees and permits to refill it probably exceeds the the cost of the water by 100%.

I have wells so I snicker quite a bit at Denver's totalitarian influence. Yes, I test my water about every couple of months (and my BIL's, brother's, and friends' water.) I'm way cheaper than CDHPE but more accurate.

Just buy me lunch.