Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Concentration camps, then and now

Last Online
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    And just so everybody will know, activists are people who are part of activist groups. They protest, they march, they organize events. They do a lot more than just give their thoughts on a message board. I suppose blogs and continuous writing might count, but I don't have that. The last protest I went to was (drumroll please) last June. Before that, I think the last one I went to was in 2009.

What have I been doing?

Working. Trying to do things on my job to get a promotion. Project work.

Helping with RCIA.

I don't have time for an activist group. If I did have time, I'd never find one who would accept me because I don't think black and white unlike some people.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    So, basically you're calling me a liar and I think you're a jerk for that. I am sick of you calling me a liar.

The first time I found out about Obama doing this was when an anti-Trump person showed me the pictures and said look what Trump is doing. I looked at the date and pointed out Obama was the president. THAT was the first time I knew about Obama putting kids in cages. I watched conservative media all through the Obama years. Where the fuck was I? Advocating against ISIS and their genocide. That was what conservative media covered. I NEVER heard one word from them about this.

The only thing I ever heard about Obama doing (and I criticized this at the time) was being the one who deported more people who were here illegally than the previous presidents. Adam should actually remember this because I posted about it on FB and his reaction was "Good." So, the idea that the Hispanic community forced Obama into creating DACA is ridiculous. He was the deportation master. Hello?

The truth is the whole "But Obama did it" thing is nothing but an excuse to let Trump off the hook. Brought to you by the supposed party of personal responsibility.
    So, when you supposedly found out about Obama and his cages during the Trump presidency because you were so busy "Advocating against ISIS and their genocide", whatever that means, did you rant and rave and call him names? What about his lying to the Latino community the first two years of his presidency? Did you rant and rave and call him names?

The truth is the whole refusal to rant and rave and call Obama names for what he did as president with the immigration issue is an excuse to let him off the hook for his part in this mess. He had the means, he had the votes and he still did nothing...except lie about wanting to fix the situation.

Your media, as of today, STILL uses a photo of the cages that Obama ordered for a current article about the border. It's not bad enough that they lied before but they're STILL doing it. Spare me your faux outrage over Trump.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    So, when you supposedly found out about Obama and his cages during the Trump presidency because you were so busy "Advocating against ISIS and their genocide", whatever that means, did you rant and rave and call him names? What about his lying to the Latino community the first two years of his presidency? Did you rant and rave and call him names?

The truth is the whole refusal to rant and rave and call Obama names for what he did as president with the immigration issue is an excuse to let him off the hook for his part in this mess. He had the means, he had the votes and he still did nothing...except lie about wanting to fix the situation.

Your media, as of today, STILL uses a photo of the cages that Obama ordered for a current article about the border. It's not bad enough that they lied before but they're STILL doing it. Spare me your faux outrage over Trump.

Did you not read from me encouraging Democrats not to vote for Biden during the primary because he isn't condemning Obama's actions? I guess you CONVENIENTLY didn't.

I guess you didn't see me ask on Biden's campaign page why he didn't condemn Obama's actions when he did them. He DID know.

Sometimes, I called Obama names. Worse than that, I accused of him not caring if Christians were killed.

I'm done talking to you about politics. You always accuse me of being a liar for your Trump and it hurts.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you not read from me encouraging Democrats not to vote for Biden during the primary because he isn't condemning Obama's actions? I guess you CONVENIENTLY didn't.

I guess you didn't see me ask on Biden's campaign page why he didn't condemn Obama's actions when he did them. He DID know.

Sometimes, I called Obama names. Worse than that, I accused of him not caring if Christians were killed.

I'm done talking to you about politics. You always accuse me of being a liar for your Trump and it hurts.
    Wow, Lanie! I take it all back. You really went after Obama for doing nothing about immigration.

I'm not out to hurt you. But the facts are the facts. Obama could have done something about our pitiful immigration situation and didn't. I mean, he promised...he had the means to...but instead he just lied over and over and over again and your party and press give him a pass for it.

The dishonest media uses a photo of Obama's cages in a story posted today:

May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

5. Likes phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    What's so bad about those "cages"? That these kids aren't freely roaming the streets of any city, begging and sleeping ---where? Stealing? Is that better? Joining an M13 gang? better? They have clothes on, clean ones. Where are they going to get those while wandering aimlessly American border towns?

Last Online
    Today @ 4:13 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, basically you're calling me a liar and I think you're a jerk for that. I am sick of you calling me a liar.

The first time I found out about Obama doing this was when an anti-Trump person showed me the pictures and said look what Trump is doing. I looked at the date and pointed out Obama was the president. THAT was the first time I knew about Obama putting kids in cages. I watched conservative media all through the Obama years. Where the fuck was I? Advocating against ISIS and their genocide. That was what conservative media covered. I NEVER heard one word from them about this.

The only thing I ever heard about Obama doing (and I criticized this at the time) was being the one who deported more people who were here illegally than the previous presidents. Adam should actually remember this because I posted about it on FB and his reaction was "Good." So, the idea that the Hispanic community forced Obama into creating DACA is ridiculous. He was the deportation master. Hello?

The truth is the whole "But Obama did it" thing is nothing but an excuse to let Trump off the hook. Brought to you by the supposed party of personal responsibility.
    Damn right. Since the left didn't hold Obama to the standards that they now seem to demand from Trump, what else can it be?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:37 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you see an instance of child abuse in your neighborhood, do you do anything about it, or do you just say "Obama" repeatedly until the moment passes?

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

11. Likes Lanie liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

Last Online
    Today @ 4:13 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    If you see an instance of child abuse in your neighborhood, do you do anything about it, or do you just say "Obama" repeatedly until the moment passes?
    Did you bitch when Obama was doing it? Never mind, I already know the answer.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.