Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Robertsís Rules of Misrepresentation

Last Online
    Today @ 11:14 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    Norm doesn't mention it in his selective survey of the census history above.
    Yes, in explaining the SCOTUS case, I selectively limited my post to things relevant to the SCOTUS case. I didn't Obama Obama the Obama Obama Obama Obama and the Obama Obama Obama Obama. That's your department.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

2. Likes Billy Jingo, Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 4:13 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right after Obama came into office in 2009 he moved control of the Census Bureau to the White House. The purpose supposedly was to use sampling techniques to estimate the number of certain groups, homeless and minorities, to boost the numbers of those people assumed to be hiding in the shadows, and who would naturally live in Democratic strongholds.

Conservatives and Republicans were aghast, as you might expect. The SCOTUS had ruled against such guesstimation before, but it was an idea too tantalizing to give up on.

I don't know what became of Obama's effort to manipulate the census. Norm doesn't mention it in his selective survey of the census history above.

Looks to me like the White House is no longer in direct control of the Census Bureau, or Trump would simply put the question in and let the lawyers do the clean-up afterward.

But if it's true that the 2010 census was the first time in over a century that the citizenship question was NOT asked, I presume Obama and the Democrats can take credit.

Why would they do that?
    Did they get permission to take it out? If not, why not? Why does Trump have to jump thru hoops that Obama didn't have?

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Did they get permission to take it out? If not, why not? Why does Trump have to jump thru hoops that Obama didn't have?

Mark
    Your mistake is taking Newman information at face value.

When Did the United States Census Stop Asking About Citizenship?

Itís misleading, moreover, to claim that the citizenship question was ďremovedĒ from the census in 2010. As noted above, it was a standard question on census forms through 1950, then, for unexplained reasons, was omitted in 1960 for everyone except residents of New York City and Puerto Rico. Beginning in 1970 and continuing through 2000, the Census Bureau used two different questionnaires to gather information ó a short form sent to more than 80 percent of American households which did not inquire about citizenship, and a long form distributed to fewer than 20 percent of American households which did. The long form was discontinued after 2000, so in 2010 every household received the short form ó meaning, in effect, that no one was asked for citizenship data in that yearís decennial census. But it wasnít because any questions were removed.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    Your mistake is taking Newman information at face value.
    Questions of citizenship should have been standard from day 1.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Itís the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Constitution authorizes an enumeration of persons. It does not authorize intrusive personal questions. It does not authorize the enumeration of citizens only. In fact, considering the malign uses to which an overbearing government could put extensive intelligence on its citizens, the authors of the Constitution would undoubtedly have been appalled by the idea of the "long form" census questionnaire.

The pertinent question then becomes, "Did the administrative, executive branch agency to which Congress delegated this job overstep the bounds of its mandate?"

If the census form starts asking how many guns are in my home, I plan to lose my form. I'm actually surprised that one hasn't come up sometime in the past 30 or 40 years.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

7. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    The Constitution authorizes an enumeration of persons. It does not authorize intrusive personal questions. It does not authorize the enumeration of citizens only. In fact, considering the malign uses to which an overbearing government could put extensive intelligence on its citizens, the authors of the Constitution would undoubtedly have been appalled by the idea of the "long form" census questionnaire.

The pertinent question then becomes, "Did the administrative, executive branch agency to which Congress delegated this job overstep the bounds of its mandate?"

If the census form starts asking how many guns are in my home, I plan to lose my form. I'm actually surprised that one hasn't come up sometime in the past 30 or 40 years.
    I believe pertinent questions should be on the form. Whether you are a citizen or not is one of them.

Mark

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 80zephyr View Post
    Questions of citizenship should have been standard from day 1.

Mark
    My mistake is thinking you care what's true.

-H. L. Mencken

10. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 6:00 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Fixed: It does not prohibit intrusive personal questions, but yes they are optional. You can lose your form, and only report the number of people living where you are.

I myself got a "long form" survey in 1990 and I was pleased to fill it out, with the exception of one very annoying question about age. I discovered I was classified as "young middle aged." Bastards.

I don't know nor do I care about the minutia Norm throws in here. If the citizenship question was absent in 2010, Obama is responsible.

But more important, the question of citizenship is an entirely reasonable question to ask.

Let it be on the "long form." Who cares? That form has many questions that might scare some idiots into hiding. What is your income, you mouse-like ne'er-do-well? Do you live with your mommy?

It's as obvious as a ruptured appendix that the reason Democrats oppose this question is they do not want it revealed just how huge the illegal immigrant population is. Democrats support open borders, confident that it will eventually cement their impregnable control of this country.

Everything else is BULLSHIT.

Edit: I got the long form in 1980. Which makes it worse.
    Last edited by Newman; Saturday, June 29th, 2019 at 11:07 PM.
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." óCNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

12. Likes scott, 80zephyr liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fixed: It does not prohibit intrusive personal questions, but yes they are optional. You can lose your form, and only report the number of people living where you are.

I myself got a "long form" survey in 1990 and I was pleased to fill it out, with the exception of one very annoying question about age. I discovered I was classified as "young middle aged." Bastards.

I don't know nor do I care about the minutia Norm throws in here. If the citizenship question was absent in 2010, Obama is responsible.

But more important, the question of citizenship is an entirely reasonable question to ask.

Let it be on the "long form." Who cares? That form has many questions that might scare some idiots into hiding. What is your income, you mouse-like ne'er-do-well? Do you live with your mommy?

It's as obvious as a ruptured appendix that the reason Democrats oppose this question is they do not want it revealed just how huge the illegal immigrant population is. Democrats support open borders, confident that it will eventually cement their impregnable control of this country.

Everything else is BULLSHIT.

Edit: I got the long form in 1980. Which makes it worse.
    Send me a message when you decide to stop ranting like zippy and frothing at the mouth like Adam.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Send me a message when you decide to stop ranting like zippy and frothing at the mouth like Adam.
    The truth too painful for you Celeste?

Mark