Thread: Diner goes viral for "My Girlfriend is Not Hungry" menu option

Last Online
    Today @ 9:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Diner goes viral for "My Girlfriend is Not Hungry" menu option

Could be offensive. But, also would be nice to have smaller portion choices on menus. Even the kids' meals can be hefty.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mama-ds...nu-girlfriend/

The internet is buzzing over an unusual listing on an Arkansas restaurant's menu. After a customer noticed a side dish called "My Girlfriend is Not Hungry" at Mama D's Diner in North Little Rock last week, he took a photo that went viral.

The tongue-in-cheek menu option is geared toward people whose dining companion claims to not be hungry on a date. For $4.25, it lets you "Add extra French fries to your entrée, and fried chicken wings (2) or fried cheese sticks (3)."

The menu item achieved social media fame after Nick Chisler posted a picture of it to his Facebook page June 28. Within a few days, it received over 21,000 shares.

"Sooooo I didn't expect this to reach so many people.
    Video at link

Last Online
    Today @ 1:40 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree about the smaller portion sizes but it seems we as Americans have been conditioned to feel ripped off when we're presented with a tiny little plate of food, especially if the price is consistent with what "huge troughs" normally cost.

Around here, it's just about impossible to get "quality over quantity" in dining due to the cheapskate tourists and retirees flooding the market.
    “Your boos mean nothing, I see what makes you cheer! … Every breath I take without your permission increases my self-esteem!” - Rick Sanchez

Last Online
    Today @ 5:44 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I first saw this, I laughed! I was that girlfriend sometimes.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 9:54 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I agree about the smaller portion sizes but it seems we as Americans have been conditioned to feel ripped off when we're presented with a tiny little plate of food, especially if the price is consistent with what "huge troughs" normally cost.

Around here, it's just about impossible to get "quality over quantity" in dining due to the cheapskate tourists and retirees flooding the market.
    Agree, but sure wish otherwise.