Thread: This chart shows why your DoorDash delivery worker isn't getting the tip you leave

Last Online
    Today @ 1:52 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

This chart shows why your DoorDash delivery worker isn't getting the tip you leave

This chart shows why your DoorDash delivery worker isn't getting the tip you leave

Delivery app DoorDash came under fire for its policy on paying tips to the bike riders and car drivers who bring food to hungry urbanites across the US.

New York Times reporter Andy Newman spent several days this spring doing bike delivery for various apps, including Postmates, Uber Eats, and DoorDash. One anecdote in particular caught the attention of the internet: "DoorDash offers a guaranteed minimum for each job. For my first order, the guarantee was $6.85 and the customer, a woman in Boerum Hill who answered the door in a colorful bathrobe, tipped $3 via the app. But I still received only $6.85."

The conventional view of a tip is as an additional bit of money going to a worker who has just performed a service for a customer, on top of whatever that worker is paid by their employer. But as Newman's experience shows, DoorDash's payment system for workers using its app works somewhat differently.
    Welcome to the gig economy.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a customer, i had a great experience with door dash. I ordered something to be delivered to the hospital. When the driver got to the establishment, the establishment said they didnt participate. The driver worked to get my payment refunded through the app, then agreed to deliver the order to me anyway. I gave her her tip in cash..about a 60 percent tip for her trouble.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:00 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    The CEO of Door Dash has now changed the policy so that tips go directly to the drivers.

I've never ordered food for delivery like this. Even if it's a pizza, I go pick it up. It's cheaper and nothing is so far away that I can go out and be back home in under a half hour.
    You can't spell "hatred" without "red hat".