Thread: The Budget Wish

Last Online
    Saturday, August 17th, 2019 @ 11:39 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

The Budget Wish

In this wishing game, person #1 states a wish and person #2 grants the wish within funny budget restraints and then states their own wish.

Examples:

I wish to be able to write amazing novels.

Granted. We have already given you a fully-functional keyboard and a frontal cortex readily capable of processing language. Any additional work on our part would contractually fall under billable service.
    I wish I could get a 10% salary raise at work.

Granted! First I convinced your boss that your position should be an unpaid internship, and then that you deserve a 10% raise from that particular change in pay grade, given that you're quite experienced at it and all.
    I wish I had a pet skunk that wouldn't spray indoors.

Granted, but skunks who don’t spray indoors require extensive veterinary tinkering that we just can’t afford with the fourth quarter we’ve had.

What we *could* approve was some veterinary students to do the same procedure as part of their practicum. They weren’t as accurate as the pros and they nicked his bile duct, though. So he won’t spray in the house but he *will* vomit everywhere intermittently. The good news is that with the savings we actualized, we bought you a mop as well!
    First wish to start the thread:

I wish somebody else would make dinner tonight.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your wish is granted!
    Just print and clip the coupon for big savings!

coupon.JPG

I wish I had a new McIntosh MC275 2 channel power amp.
    Get off the cross, we need the wood.

Last Online
    Today @ 6:00 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post
    Your wish is granted!

But you have the tech savvy of Newman.

I wish I had a few "Shoemaker's Elves" to do chores around here. (J.K. Rowling didn't entirely make up house-elves.)
    "We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Saturday, August 17th, 2019 @ 11:39 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post
    Your wish is granted!
    Just print and clip the coupon for big savings!

coupon.JPG

Granted! However the amp is soaked in old dog urine. It can be cleaned if you have the correct bench set-up, tools, testing equipment, schematics, and a source for certain parts which have become corroded. You will probably need to buy another amp to cannibalize but the Japanese collector's market is soft right now.

I'm sending you a bottle of isopropyl alcohol and a can of DeOxit to get you started..

I need to get my driveway replaced.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 6:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Granted! However the amp is soaked in old dog urine. It can be cleaned if you have the correct bench set-up, tools, testing equipment, schematics, and a source for certain parts which have become corroded. You will probably need to buy another amp to cannibalize but the Japanese collector's market is soft right now.

I'm sending you a bottle of isopropyl alcohol and a can of DeOxit to get you started..

I need to get my driveway replaced.
    I don't know if that was a wish, but granted! Your drive way has been replaced with all grass and it takes up enough room to be in your neighbor's yard. You might want to get a better lawnmower.

I wish I could have more wine that I actually like.