Thread: Chris Cuomo once referred to himself as ‘Fredo’ in radio interview

Last Online
    Saturday, August 17th, 2019 @ 11:39 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Chris Cuomo once referred to himself as ‘Fredo’ in radio interview

Chris Cuomo once referred to himself as ‘Fredo’ in radio interview
    By Mark Moore August 13, 2019 | 11:57am | Updated

CNN anchor Chris Cuomo, who was captured on a viral video getting into a profanity-laced exchange with a person who called him “Fredo,” once referred to himself as the hapless “The Godfather” character in a radio interview.

Cuomo was interviewed by Curtis Sliwa on his AM 970 radio show in January 2010 about whether his brother Andrew might seek the Democratic nomination for governor.

Sliwa said he dubbed the Cuomo family “la Cuomo Nostra.”
    “There is a group of people — politicos — who always hint they might run, but not necessarily plunge all the way, and they are members of la Cuomo.”

“Who am I, then, Fredo?” Cuomo asked in response.

“Yes, exactly,” Sliwa said. “So you better be careful that your brother Andrew doesn’t kiss you on both cheeks and then all of a sudden they take you out on the middle of the lake and where’s Chris?”

“He kisses me plenty because he’s a great big brother,” Cuomo said.
    A video that went primetime Monday on Twitter shows Cuomo in a heated shouting match with a man who called him “Fredo,” with the CNN newsman telling him it was an insult to Italians the same way the N-word is for African Americans.

“Fredo is from ‘The Godfather,’ he was a weak brother and the use of it to an Italian is disparaging,” Cuomo tells him in the video.

The man then tells Cuomo that he thought that was his name.

Cuomo, a son of the late Gov. Mario Cuomo, shoots back, “Own what you said” before threatening to “throw you down these stairs like a f–king punk.”

CNN did not immediately respond to a request for comment about Cuomo referring to himself as “Fredo” in the radio interview.

Fredo, one of the three Corleone brothers in the film, eventually betrays his younger sibling, Michael.
    I thought this entire thing was just hilarious. I've known plenty of guys who did refer to their more worthless male friends and relatives as "Fredo" and few of them were of Italian ancestry although those that were used it freely.

After all, the character of Michael Corleone (himself also the son of Italians) orders the hit and the guy who carries it out is equally of Italian ancestry. How this reference can be equated to the "n-word" is beyond me. The context of usage is completely different and it's obviously a very recent pop culture reference that has no historical roots.

The really funny thing is that if Cuomo had ignored this or corrected his name, nobody would know about it but now that he's on video throwing a tantrum and making outrageous claims, he will be widely known as "Fredo" until he dies.

NY Post
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 9:55 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that's funny. I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

3. Likes Gingersnap, Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    Saturday, August 17th, 2019 @ 11:39 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's going to be Fredo the rest of his life. That's hilarious.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    He should probably come hang out around me. When this whole thing hit the news, I thought "Fredo" was the weird little creature from Lord of the Rings...maybe?
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

6. Likes Newman, scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Today @ 6:00 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    He should probably come hang out around me. When this whole thing hit the news, I thought "Fredo" was the weird little creature from Lord of the Rings...maybe?
    Frodo Baggins, the barefoot anchor.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.