Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Men now avoid women at work

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 6:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bandersnatch45 View Post
    Three years before my second pension I avoid them like the plague.
    Don't blame you. Too much at risk when it's unknown which woman is just itching to do a #MeToo. Over anything.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    Prior to #me too, and probably even now, what percentage of women are legitimately afraid to be one on one with a male colleague.
    Not the problem. Because of the #MeToo stuff what man wants to be alone with a woman worker......

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Effects on career advancement? Unless it's a "woman's work", yep, the impact of woman making accusations about any given man she works with is such going to be negative.

Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 6:58 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good. I come to work to work. lol.

Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 6:58 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I also believe that at least a percentage really are terrified of a false accusation.
    The impression I've been getting the past year or two is that some men really didn't know they were offending anybody.

I think we need to just retrain ourselves. At work, you don't talk religion or politics unless you really know that person well. Same thing with dirty jokes. When I say know them well, I mean like they're your best friends at work so to speak. Don't tell a joke to somebody who appears to be cool.

I don't touch other people at work and nobody touches me. It's not dramatic or anything.

I remember when I was a substitute teacher, the little kids would come up and hug me. I'd put my arm around one who did instead of pushing them away. That's the only time I feel it was ever okay.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 12th, 2019 @ 5:12 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will tell you that construction workers really don't follow any social etiquette rules. Even the few women I have been around on a job site seem not to pay attention to those rules either.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Its the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

7. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 8:39 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I also believe that at least a percentage really are terrified of a false accusation.
    Who wouldn't be, now? Some random woman can haul you in front of Congress forty years later claiming that you gang-raped her in high school and the stated position now is that we're all required to believe her, no matter how preposterous her accusation.

I'll be damned if I'm ever going to let myself be alone with a woman who is not a legitimate romantic interest for the rest of my life. I have female friends who were co-workers in the past whom I completely trust would never pull something like that on me, but I still will not do something like go out for friendly drinks after work with them anymore. Two years ago, this wasn't the case for me.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

9. Likes Lady Marva liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im alone in my office, door closed, almost daily with a woman.
    Reporters ask me what I feel China should do about Tibet. Who cares what I think China should do? I'm a fucking actor!

~ Brad Pitt

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Who wouldn't be, now? Some random woman can haul you in front of Congress forty years later claiming that you gang-raped her in high school and the stated position now is that we're all required to believe her, no matter how preposterous her accusation.

I'll be damned if I'm ever going to let myself be alone with a woman who is not a legitimate romantic interest for the rest of my life. I have female friends who were co-workers in the past whom I completely trust would never pull something like that on me, but I still will not do something like go out for friendly drinks after work with them anymore. Two years ago, this wasn't the case for me.
    Agree, You (male) can't take the chance. Women have done this to themselves.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 12th, 2019 @ 5:12 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reply to Billy:

Your mother doesn't count, Billy.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. Its the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.