Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Odessa gunman bought weapon through private sale: Sources

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like

As is the case in other safe, relatively rural New England states, the absence of any major urban centers in Maine may help keep the crime rate as low as it is. Moreover, dense, crowded areas are far more vulnerable to violent incidences, and Maine is one of the nation’s most sparsely populated states. However, several of the state’s socioeconomic measures are not nearly as strong as in other safe states. The percentage of households receiving food stamps, for example, at 16.9%, is the sixth highest in the nation.
    It's interesting to try to figure out just what is the cause of safety in these states.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    It's interesting to try to figure out just what is the cause of safety in these states.
    The Federalist appears to think it is guns.

* edit. It’s the ironically named American Thinker.
    “Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.”

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jingo View Post
    The Federalist appears to think it is guns.

* edit. It’s the ironically named American Thinker.
    I would suspect it's a combination of things, although the article you linked thinks it's lack of "urban" life, which I believe I've been told by some is a dog whistle.
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would suspect it's a combination of things, although the article you linked thinks it's lack of "urban" life, which I believe I've been told by some is a dog whistle.
    “Because Black people” didn’t occur to me. Alaska pretty much puts paid to that.
    “Totalitarianism in power invariably replaces all first-rate talents, regardless of their sympathies, with those crackpots and fools whose lack of intelligence and creativity is still the best guarantee of their loyalty.”

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    Today @ 12:34 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gary m View Post
    I'm at work and will elaborate when I get home but
    Norm's OP...
    CBS is wrong. Automatic weapons are NFA items and need to be transferred on a Form 1 or Form 4 and requires degrees of local governmental approval.
    Yeah, they got that wrong. They'd have been fine if they said "semi-automatic." It doesn't really matter much, though, because the loophole definitely does cover the rifle that the shooter purchased and used.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.notpolitical.info/forums/...953#post182953

Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    More Guns, Less Crime, again:

Four years after allowing universal ‘concealed carry’ law, Maine rated the safest state in the nation for crime

Lifson goes on to mention Lott's book in his wrap up:
    What does Mary Rosh have to say?

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, they really turned it around.

-H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now we can use the term "urban" without being accused of racism?
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    So now we can use the term "urban" without being accused of racism?
    Far as I know. Although using "rural" might get that accusation hurled at you by the white grievance crowd.

~ Hannah Arendt

Last Online
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    What does Mary Rosh have to say?
    Not a whole Lott would be my guess.
    “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff, explaining the Green New Deal for the hard of hearing.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.