Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trump Invites Pence to Stay at His Place—Then Hands Taxpayers the Bill

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djharkavy View Post
    Emolument
    The profit arising from office, employment, or labor; that which is received as a compensation for services, or which is annexed to the possession of office as salary, fees, and perquisites. Any perquisite, advantage, profit, or gain arising from the possession of an office.

The Definition of 'Emolument' in English Language and Legal Dictionaries, 1523-1806

Not that our self styled "Constitutionalists" give a shit.
    Reporters ask me what I feel China should do about Tibet. Who cares what I think China should do? I'm a fucking actor!

~ Brad Pitt

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will say that the constitution forbids emoluments from foreign states, and having the Pence clan run up a tab at Trump Doonbeg on the US taxpayer dime is not a foreign emolument. It's just standard grift.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:43 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

4. Likes Tom Servo, Billy Jingo liked this post
    Last Online
    Friday, September 13th, 2019 @ 4:42 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm dePlume View Post
    So first it's:

"He didn't turn a personal profit. He should have had the government buy a few thousand copies of his book and give them out."

Then when it's shown that the government bought a shitload of them it shifts to:

"he could expect to pocket $6,000" and your last comment.

"What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.