Thread: Why Trump Is So Racist

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Why Trump Is So Racist

Simple.

Black Poverty Hits Record Low Under President Trump
    President Donald Trump can claim credit for pushing poverty among black American adults to record lows, according to data in the U.S. Census Bureau’s 2018 economic report.

The good news is hidden deep in the 77-page report, Income and Poverty in the United States: 2018, which was released Tuesday, September 10.Table B5 on page 65 shows that poverty among married black families dropped to 18.8 percent, down from 20.2 percent in 2015 and 23.8 percent in 2007, which was the peak of the housing boom and bubble inflated by Congress and President George W. Bush’s terms.

Poverty among black female-headed families also dropped to 31.7 percent, down from 35.7 percent in 2015 and 39.7 percent in 2007.

Poverty among all black Americans dropped to 20.8 percent, down from 24.1 percent in 2015 and 24.5 percent in 2007

For comparison, black poverty is still somewhat higher than the poverty rate for all Americans, which is at 11.8 percent, and at 9.7 percent for all intact families and 26.8 percent for female-headed households....
    And major retailers are announcing plans for major hiring around the holidays this year. It's all good, evening this tweet:

“The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff, explaining the Green New Deal for the hard of hearing.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 6:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just maybe Trump got used to the behavior of renters in NYC.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:11 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    None of these terms seem to have any meaning anymore. Racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, etc., it's all just a word salad.

At least 3 times in the past 30 days I've heard people say the same thing to me and the conversations weren't even about topical news things and certainly not about the President. The more journalists and media people cry wolf on this this stuff, the less people bother to listen but they do resent it. Things are generally looking up for average people of all skin tones and in most economic classes so they are confused to constantly hear about how grim it is from the news.

Unemployment is way down, people are getting moved off public assistance because they have jobs or full time jobs now, money is moving for small entrepreneurs (many of whom are not white nor suburban).

People will complain about anything and some conflate their bad personal decisions with general economic news or social whining they hear about in snippets. That doesn't mean things are really bad for everyone and I think people are beginning to wake up to this.

Ordinary people, I mean, not pundits, journalists, or educators.

This constant orange-man-bad stuff and all the attendant hand-wringing over issues that are not relevant to most people has gotten out of control and people are just tuning it out. The signal-to-noise ratio in almost all media is dropping like a rock.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Marva View Post
    Just maybe Trump got used to the behavior of renters in NYC.
    I was thinking that the charge of racism is the only thing that could keep the African American block of Democratic faithful from crumbling in light of these economic numbers. That being the case, the foundation of the charge is irrelevant; it only matters that the charge of racism is made.
    “The interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasn’t originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.” —Saikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff, explaining the Green New Deal for the hard of hearing.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." —CNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:11 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    I was thinking that the charge of racism is the only thing that could keep the African American block of Democratic faithful from crumbling in light of these economic numbers. That being the case, the foundation of the charge is irrelevant; it only matters that the charge of racism is made.
    If you get called something millions of times with no foundation for it, you eventually just stop caring about the charge. Another side-effect can be that you lose whatever sympathy/empathy you formerly had for the groups doing the call-out.

I think this is a pretty natural response and when numbers of people are being falsely labeled they have more opportunities to see others shrug it off or protest it which makes the labeling even less effective.

I kind of think that a lot of people or either sex and whatever skin tones are feeling as though the current party system is often worthless. More are registering as independents and fewer have any pressure from unions to vote a particular way. It wouldn't take much to peel off enough former partisans to change the dynamic.

Something that a lot of people don't realize because of the media drumbeat is that most blacks in the U.S.A. are middle class and have middle class concerns about economics, education, job growth, etc. This is also true of native born Hispanics and of Asian Americans. There can be in-group habits with party-preference but I think it's fading. In my lifetime I've seen pretty big shifts in this area among some groups.

I expect to see the rise of a viable third party (not mine) and that could be a real game-changer for this playground-style insulting and shunning we've gotten into lately.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    If you get called something millions of times with no foundation for it, you eventually just stop caring about the charge. Another side-effect can be that you lose whatever sympathy/empathy you formerly had for the groups doing the call-out.

I think this is a pretty natural response and when numbers of people are being falsely labeled they have more opportunities to see others shrug it off or protest it which makes the labeling even less effective.
    Yes. That's why imo "racist" was dropped in favor of "white supremacist" and "white nationalist." A freshened-up dose of rhetorical venom.

I kind of think that a lot of people or either sex and whatever skin tones are feeling as though the current party system is often worthless. More are registering as independents and fewer have any pressure from unions to vote a particular way. It wouldn't take much to peel off enough former partisans to change the dynamic.

Something that a lot of people don't realize because of the media drumbeat is that most blacks in the U.S.A. are middle class and have middle class concerns about economics, education, job growth, etc. This is also true of native born Hispanics and of Asian Americans. There can be in-group habits with party-preference but I think it's fading. In my lifetime I've seen pretty big shifts in this area among some groups.

I expect to see the rise of a viable third party (not mine) and that could be a real game-changer for this playground-style insulting and shunning we've gotten into lately.
    It's my opinion that Donald Trump was in fact a third party candidate, who prevailed the only way it's possible, by commandeering one of the two major parties.

Last Online
    Thursday, September 12th, 2019 @ 5:12 AM
    Post Thanks / Like

It's my opinion that Donald Trump was in fact a third party candidate, who prevailed the only way it's possible, by commandeering one of the two major parties.

This.

Mark
    Race Card: A tool of the intellectually weak and lazy when they cannot counter a logical argument or factual data.

"Liberals have to stop insisting that the world is what they want it to be instead of the way it is." - Bill Maher

Political correctness is ideological fascism. It’s the antithesis of freedom. Dr. Piper

Gender is not a "Social Construct", it is an outgrowth of biological reality.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 6:56 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    probably right. In which case, they can spout. But the public very quietly knows. And watches the advantages racism brings.