Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Quest for Lunchbox Supremacy

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:14 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    I don't get the competition for designer lunch, but I put a lot of effort into other things that went into the lunchbox, because it wasn't about lunch or competition, it was about HRH having a little bit of home at school, since most years she wasn't 100% in favor of the whole school thing.
    The best thing for all involved was me teaching Kaitlyn and Valerie to make their own lunches and make the lunches for Daniel and Jordan too. Then later Daniel made his own lunch and Jordan made Kaitlyn and Valerie's lunches for $1 a week. That led to other stuff, including all my kids being able to cook (some better than others) for themselves now.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

2. Likes Gingersnap liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    The best thing for all involved was me teaching Kaitlyn and Valerie to make their own lunches and make the lunches for Daniel and Jordan too. Then later Daniel made his own lunch and Jordan made Kaitlyn and Valerie's lunches for $1 a week. That led to other stuff, including all my kids being able to cook (some better than others) for themselves now.
    Did you have one who didn't care if she ate? This is a kid who doesn't like Thanksgiving. Now she can cook, and she always loved to help, but if she had had to pack her own lunch, she would simply have skipped it.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

4. Likes Michele, phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:56 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have one who didn't care if she ate? This is a kid who doesn't like Thanksgiving. Now she can cook, and she always loved to help, but if she had had to pack her own lunch, she would simply have skipped it.
    Not even your cranberry sauce? Because, my God, that shit is amazing! Totally changed Thanksgiving for me forever.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Not even your cranberry sauce? Because, my God, that shit is amazing! Totally changed Thanksgiving for me forever.
    Aw, thanks.

Yes, she likes some of the side dishes, but even today, she seldom sits down and eats a "balanced" meal at one time. To devote the better part of a day to food is just not her idea of a good time., and it doesn't matter how awesome your turkey recipe/method is, she's not interested in eating turkey. She doesn't like most sauces or any gravies. Her idea of a great Thanksgiving dinner is about a tablespoon each of my cranberry sauce and wet cornbread, a dollop of Uncle Nova's mashed potatoes (nothing on them), her fairy godfather's baked garlic brussels sprouts, and a sliver of pumpkin pie. That's way ore than she usually eats at one sitting, though. She has to force herself to eat a toaster waffle if she's teaching an early self-defense class; otherwise, breakfast is not her thing. Over the course of a day, she'll have some sort of protein (usually cheese, some nuts, or on rare occasions, a well-done burger, if I'm grilling); a small potato, some rice, or bread; fruit; broccoli, tomatoes, or greens; once in a while we make a pasta dish. She lost any taste she had for fast food years ago, and she has never eaten a lot of meat.

Ask Michelle - we all went out to dinner in SF Chinatown, and HRH had fried rice, half of which she took home in a doggy bag. She's a weird kid.
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

7. Likes Michele, phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 9:14 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    All of them at various times. I'd let them go hungry and it never lasted long. When they were small I'd serve the uneaten lunches prepared for dinner.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.