Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here’s What Happened When I Complimented Everyone I Met for an Entire Day

Last Online
    Friday, October 11th, 2019 @ 1:07 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    He was doing his best to come up with something aside from, "Nice tits!". I can see that now. Neither of us were exactly scintillating conversationalists at that age. Who is?

I've certainly had my share of awkward conversational gambits.
    Nice tits wouldn't have worked either though so...
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

Last Online
    Today @ 8:39 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scott View Post
    Nice tits wouldn't have worked either though so...
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    That is not the worst compliment I've ever heard.

"Gee, those things (freckles) are kind of like a connect-the-dots puzzle but really pretty."

I think that was my all time favorite.

The guy was just very shy and tongue-tied and trying his best to catch my attention (which he did). While I said something innocuous and moved on to laugh it up with my friends out of earshot (I won't lie), I'm sure he died the death of a thousand cuts later replaying that encounter. I've done the same myself.

Being an introvert but always surrounded by extroverts, I had to kind of teach myself how they interacted and I sometimes got it wrong early on. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt if the context clearly seems complimentary or enthusiastic. Sometimes, the expressions are pretty amazing if taken at face-value but they aren't intended that way.
    The other day my d-i-l was telling me how she had two freckles appear on her nose after a summer of river rafting even though she had been faithful to apply sunscreen and wear a sports cap. She went on and on and on fretting about these two minuscule spots while I intently listened. Then suddenly she abruptly stopped, smiled and said, not that there's anything wrong with freckles!
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

4. Likes scott, phillygirl liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    The other day my d-i-l was telling me how she had two freckles appear on her nose after a summer of river rafting even though she had been faithful to apply sunscreen and wear a sports cap. She went on and on and on fretting about these two minuscule spots while I intently listened. Then suddenly she abruptly stopped, smiled and said, not that there's anything wrong with freckles!
    I used to do that all the time with one of my best friends...only it was about plucking the red hair out of my head...she's a redhead. She would just look at me and snap "I have red hair, you know"...and I'd snap back...and it's beautiful, but I'm a blonde, dammit!
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

6. Likes Michele liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    I used to do that all the time with one of my best friends...only it was about plucking the red hair out of my head...she's a redhead. She would just look at me and snap "I have red hair, you know"...and I'd snap back...and it's beautiful, but I'm a blonde, dammit!
    Still???
    No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws. This offer VALID in 35 34 33 32 31 26 20 17 15 14 13 ALL 50 states.

The new 13 original states to stand up for freedom: CA, CT, IA, MA, DE, MN, NH, NY, RI, VT, ME, MD, NJ (plus DC).

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    Still???
    Still.
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

9. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Friday, October 11th, 2019 @ 9:51 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Michele View Post
    Growing up in a family of redheads and freckled blondes, I never had any bad feelings about being freckled. Other people sometimes tried to make me feel bad but it didn't stick with me since I saw freckled people all day long and they were fine. I never tried to cover them up or avoid them.

I still have have them although facial freckles mostly fade off by the time you get into your 20s. I get a few in the summer on my nose but they are gone by Halloween. I honestly don't care.

I did have one cousin who had unfortunate freckles and she went through hell at school. They were very, very large. Not dots but splotches like birthmarks. They faded off her face and hands over time and she became extremely stunning even though they persisted on her arms and legs.

She didn't become stunning because the freckles faded, she just grew up to have the entire package of long legs, tight waist, pert breasts, and a beautiful face. She's still stunning. Loving husband, four kids, and a kind heart.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."