View Poll Results: Have you ever walked out of a movie because you didn't like it?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

7 87.50%
  • No!

1 12.50%
  • I don't remember!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever left a movie early because you didn't like it?

Last Online
    Friday, October 11th, 2019 @ 1:07 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know I have walked two or three out of movies but I cannot remember which ones they were. Although, I've also refused to stop watching terrible movies on TV because by that time I'm invested - and these are Tarzan the Ape Man and Howard the Duck 2 types of movies so apparently I'm not normal.
    "What truly matters is not which party controls our government, but whether our government is controlled by the people. January 20th 2017, will be remembered as the day the people became the rulers of this nation again. The forgotten men and women of our country will be forgotten no longer."

link

Time will tell.

2. Likes Tom Servo liked this post
    Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeste Chalfonte View Post
    The Godfather. Bonnie and Clyde. I would have walked out of Indiana Jones and 2001: A Space Snooze, but both were dates with otherwise nice people who had no taste in movies.
    It was a school trip for us but yes I agree...a snooze.
    May we raise children who love the unloved things - the dandelion, the worm, the spiderlings.
    Children who sense the rose needs the thorn and run into rainswept days the same way they turn towards the sun...
    And when they're grown and someone has to speak for those who have no voice,
    may they draw upon that wilder bond, those days of tending tender things and be the one.

Last Online
    Friday, October 11th, 2019 @ 9:51 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I'm curious, what about that movie made you want to leave? I remember the faux-found footage, all shaky and low-res like someone filming on a camcorder of the era, made it a bit nauseating to sit through.
    I'm not a fan of shaky cam. Far from making the scene more in-the-moment for me, it actually constantly reminds me that I am watching a contrived scene so that's one thing.

The character development was just awful. I immediately hated all these people. None were sympathetic in the least. Far from worrying about their fates, I was actively rooting for them to all be killed - it just took way too long.

There was not enough build-up about the location or about the various stick figures. These things could have been scary and atmospheric but as it was scripted and shot, I just wondered why nobody had a compass and Rand-McNally map. The entire area was maybe 2 square miles. The "supernatural" explanation for why they couldn't simply walk straight out was unconvincing.

The stick figures were not terrifying. Anybody who spent a lot of time in the woods has seen some creepy but entirely human-generated stuff ranging from baby dolls to weird stick creations. Without any real build-up, these creations were annoying, not scary.

The dialog just sucked. These people were all morons. They had nothing to say. They weren't funny or illuminating.

I remember being completely mystified by the rave reviews. I sometime disagree with reviewers but I can at least see their perspectives even if I think they mistaken. In this case, it's like we watched two totally different movies.
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."