Thread: Most Donít See More Women Leaders As Better for Society

Last Online
    Today @ 3:00 PM
    Post Thanks / Like

Most Donít See More Women Leaders As Better for Society

Most Donít See More Women Leaders As Better for Society

Most See More Female Leaders in the Near Future

Friday, September 20, 2019

Voters arenít convinced that more women political leaders are the way to go, perhaps in part because most think men and women have more common interests than not.

Only 33% of Likely U.S. Voters believe it would be better for society if women held more political positions than men. A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that 12% think it would be worse for society. A plurality (45%) thinks it would have no impact.
    More.

They don't seem to break it out by sex. I'm guessing the 12% who think it would be worse actually work for a woman. Just kidding.

Rasmussen Reports
    "Alexa, slaughter the fatted calf."

Last Online
    Today @ 10:52 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    A recent Gallup poll showed that 89.7% of Americans just don't give a fuck about this kind of stupid shit.
    Leftists have unquestionably demonstrated their hatred for due process, and Democrats have undeniably obstructed justice for, and thoroughly victim-shamed and smeared, Karen Monahan.

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    A recent Gallup poll showed that 89.7% of Americans just don't give a fuck about this kind of stupid shit.
    I know I don't. You either have good ideas or you don't. Your reproductive equipment and your preferred targets to use it on don't really matter.

A lot of real, innate sex differences simply don't matter at this level because the qualities needed to successfully run and win a presidential campaign override everything else.

You might have been designed to be empathetic or to avoid conflict or to be a people pleaser but the sheer brutality and public scrutiny of this kind of race means that you've set aside those traits in favor of what works. A woman doesn't bring anything special to the table at this level (assuming she had something uniquely female to offer at any point, she might not).

This is what exasperated me with Clinton's run. I knew women who were shocked that I had no intention of voting for 'the woman'. Clinton's sex had nothing to do with my decision but I couldn't make some women understand that. I had problems with her past and her proposed policies. That's why I didn't vote for her yet I was somehow letting down "our" side.

What side? I have no more in common with any random female than I do with any random male when it comes to this kind of thing. It was frustrating.

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 AM
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just tired of everybody being ruined with the #Metoo garbage. Did you know that Mayor Pete was actually accused of raping a guy? Biden accused of sexual harassment. Trump. Enough said.

And I'll vote for a man over a woman if I agree more with his ideas on how to do things.

I do think there are more women than men who are thinking outside of the box right now. Did you know that all the Bush women were pro-choice? Same with Ivanka. Mary Chaney was gay. The women are just not thinking as black and white as the men are. I'd like to see how a woman president would handle foreign policy. I don't think it would be the same.

Last Online
    Today @ 12:32 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I'm just tired of everybody being ruined with the #Metoo garbage. Did you know that Mayor Pete was actually accused of raping a guy? Biden accused of sexual harassment. Trump. Enough said.

And I'll vote for a man over a woman if I agree more with his ideas on how to do things.

I do think there are more women than men who are thinking outside of the box right now. Did you know that all the Bush women were pro-choice? Same with Ivanka. Mary Chaney was gay. The women are just not thinking as black and white as the men are. I'd like to see how a woman president would handle foreign policy. I don't think it would be the same.
    I see you and Ann Coulter agree.

We have seen women handle foreign policy. Hillary Clinton, Condi Rice, Madelaine Albright, here. Maggie Thatcher, Indira Gandhi or Golda Meir there.

Do you know if the Bush women support late term abortion? Just curious.

I've noted before that my wife and her sister in law, self-described "pro-life" and "pro-choice" respectively, actually agree on abortion.
    ďThe interesting thing about the Green New Deal is it wasnít originally a climate thing at all.... We really think of it as a how-do-you-change-the-entire-economy thing.Ē óSaikat Chakrabarti, then AOC's Chief of Staff.

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." óCNN's Don Lemon, showing how to stop demonizing people.

"What is objectionable, what is dangerous about extremists is not that they are extreme, but that they are intolerant. The evil is not what they say about their cause, but what they say about their opponents.Ē ―Robert F. Kennedy.

Last Online
    Today @ 1:04 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Women are 50% of the population. They occupy much less than 50% of leadership positions. If you believe that women are inherently less capable of leadership by virtue of the fact that they're women, then you would expect them to hold less than 50% of leadership positions. On the other hand, if you don't believe women are inherently less capable of leadership, you would expect them to occupy pretty close to 50% of those spots. And if they aren't, it's because they are getting less opportunity to do so. If a meritocratic system is unbiased, it should bear out in the numbers.

I believe women are just as capable at leadership. I do expect them to hold something close to 50% of those positions. So more women leaders is a good thing -- not because they'll do a better job, but because it indicates they're facing less discrimination.

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken

Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, we knew how Clinton would handle foreign policy and it was one of the reasons I didn't vote for her.

I only care about "thinking outside the box" if the idea solves a specific problem and doesn't generate 5 others that nobody has thought of yet. I've worked with some extremely creative thinkers and their contributions are......unreliable.

When they are teamed with people who can anticipate the fallout and find ways to manage it productively, they can really come up with some great stuff. When they aren't, they can single-handedly wreck a project or even an entire division if they have enough leverage.

Women don't have an edge on creative thinking or openness (as described in personality science today). Women as a group are in the middle of median in terms of most traits. This is why arguments about women bringing something new to the political table don't make sense to me.

The kind of people (including women) who aspire to high political office are already not much like ordinary people to begin with. They are more narcissistic, more manipulative, more driven, and more attention-seeking than most other people. Whatever noble impulses may initially spark a political career, these are informed and sometimes twisted by the realities of seeking office from a bunch of complete strangers.

Last Online
    @
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is discrimination the only option as to why we don't have an equal amount of female leaders as male leaders if they are equally capable?
    Not where I breathe, but where I love, I live...
    Robert Southwell, S.J.

9. Likes scott liked this post
    Last Online
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phillygirl View Post
    Is discrimination the only option as to why we don't have an equal amount of female leaders as male leaders if they are equally capable?
    No, it isn't but you'd never know that from the media coverage.

Voting for a woman simply because she is a woman is sexist. Not voting for a woman because her ideas and past performance don't interest you isn't sexist.

It is exactly the way men are treated.

Last Online
    Today @ 1:04 PM
    Post Thanks / Like
    So lay out some alternative reasons for less than a 50% showing, if not discrimination.

1. They have babies, right? That's the usual conservative go-to reason. They forgo career opportunities to have babies?

On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heartís desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
    -H. L. Mencken